Hello from north east Scotland

Ferry-shave

Supporter
Supporter
Hello,

My name is Chris, I have been a DE shaver on and off for about 7 years. Recently I have started looking at the online forums and YouTube for hints and tips. I am continually amazed at the increasing quality of the razors, blades, soaps, creams, pre and post shave oils/lotions etc.

I started off with a Merkur 34C and the transition from cartridge to DE blades took some time. Once this clicked, I started experimenting with other razors, the Merkur VISION was not to successful and for a while I jumped back to cartridge shaving.

I am lucky in that there is a very good shaving shop relatively close to where I stay and the owner is excellent, in the range of products that he sells and the advice that he provides. I have shaved with iKon for a number of years and have recently started using ATT (M1 and R1 base plates). In the last few days I managed to pick up a Muhle Rocca R96 - and so far I am pleasantly surprised. For me and I appreciate that everyone is different, this is giving excellent shaves, one of the best shaves for me.

In terms of soaps/creams - I tend to go to Proraso (green) mostly, although Cella also gets a look in. I used to enjoy Trumpers lime.

I tend use Gillette Platinum blades, but recently have been very happy with Astras. In terms of a finish, I tend to go for a witch-hazel) non-alcohol splash, followed up by high-yield aloe-vera.

I have decided to go online re wet shaving as I am keen to experiment and learn more, now that I feel that I have mastered the basics.

Hello Chris and welcome to TSR
Is the shop you mentioned, The Gentlemens groom room in Dundee ?.
I'm in Glasgow and have ordered a few soaps and brushes from them in the past.
If I'm ever in Dundee I'll definitely get to the shop for a look see.

Patw,

Cheers. Yes it is the Gentlemens Groom Room, I would recommend a visit. A short walk from Dundee train station.

Back
Top Bottom