Hello from the Land of the Pies.

Hi everyone.

At the age of 49, I had my first ever DE shave 3 days ago, after a lifetime of multi-blade scraping.

A mate on another forum, nothing to do with shaving, very kindly gifted me a Merkur 23C and a pack of Gillette Blues. So, armed with my new toy and the bare minimum of advice (don't apply any pressure, let the weight of the razor do the work, take your time) away I went...

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised to be completey uninjured and I actually enjoyed the process, taking my time over it sort of turned a chore into a luxury, even just using my current Nivea gel...

Soooooo, the gathering of foo is underway, Taylors of Bond St Sandalwood soap on it's way, looking at various other potions and accoutrements and my brother is going to turn me a up a bowl and brush handle out of something interesting for Christmas.

I've already noticed an old friend of mine is a member here, Hi @Satanfriendly, and the place seems to have a nice welcoming vibe, so I've decided to stick around for a bit...;)

Welcome Mr.998. I thought at first, not someone else making a plea in support of calorific pies but then noticed your avitar. And I was correct. Indeed it was someone who openly supports the promotion of pies.

I am sure you'll find this place to have all the help you need and some pretty damn fine folk to go with it. At least I haven't been barred to date which is better than I have faired elsewhere. Then again no one has come up with a razor called the Technics SL1200 and certainly no single minded Australian Scouse farmers to battle with.

Hey and thinking ahead, how many razors do you think you could stash under the sofa?

Welcome along :) It has to be said though, I dispute that Wigan is the land of pies (don't forget t'whippets) however, that sir is London, where we serve them properly with mash and liquor :D

There is a hallowed Pie emporium in Wigan, Gents, where the pies are so great, that to mask their magnificence with mash and parsley gravy would be a crime worthy of banishment to the Phantom Zone! The only permissible adulteration is a soupçon of HP on top of one of their hotpot pies, which elevates it from merely world class to god-like! :p

no one has come up with a razor called the Technics SL1200 and certainly no single minded Australian Scouse farmers to battle with.

Hey and thinking ahead, how many razors do you think you could stash under the sofa?

If they had Chris, it would, with only major and extensive modifications, be the best razor in the world, bar none, with rock steady shaving velocity even though the most dense stubble. ;)

Well, under the sofa has had a bit of a clear out so plenty of room for foo stashing is available. This may or may not be a good thing...:rolleyes:

I'm sure that you show me plenty of stuff to inspire my RAS (Razor Acquisition Syndrome) to show me on Wednesday!

I did see a nice granite handled Edwin Jagger Plaza last night as I was doing "research". This is how it starts...

Back
Top Bottom