Help.

Hi all.

My MacBook Pro died recently and there was stuff on the hard drive that I need, the hard drive is the ne in the picture, it's a Samsung SSD.
I believe you can buy an adaptor so that I can plug it into my new new one and access the data.
The thing is, I have no idea what to get, can anyone help?

Dave.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    469 KB · Views: 23
In which case -
"Compatible with the Flash SSD module used in the 2012 and early 2013 13" and 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display models only and NOT for use with any other SSD modules, including the OWC Aura and Aura Pro 6g SSDs"
Sounds about right.

Bit expensive but that's the joy of proprietary connections, thanks Apple! You might be able to find something cheaper if you look around.

I am a Windows Fanboi but it's swings and roundabouts really. Dell do the same sort of thing - make it so you have to buy their spare parts and charge through the nose. If you want a fancy laptop then you have to pay for it I'm afraid.

According to Apple it needs a new SSD drive, a new logic board, a new top case with battery, and a display assembly plus labour.
They managed to figure all this out within a half hour inspection.
I have now left it with a mac repair centre who said if it is knackered it will cost £50.00 for the diagnosis but if they are able to salvage the hard disk they will either get the information off it for me or put it in an enclosure and just charge for the enclosure which costs about £50.00.
They also said I wasn't the first to come to them with a hefty repair bill off Apple.

Dave.

Back
Top Bottom