Henry Cavendish Luxury Lather Himalaya Shave Soap

Not one I have seen mentioned much, so worth a review:

To me, the name Henry Cavendish sounds English, but don't be fooled, this is made in the USA. The ‘all natural' soap is glycerin-based (it's the first item on the ingredients list) and contains no animal products. My experience of glycerin soaps isn't great. Some do the job pretty well but don't rank among the best soaps I have used. This was pretty good though.

Show it a bit of water and it lathers eagerly, giving plenty for a multi-pass shave. I found slickness to be good (a strong point of glycerin) and protection was generally adequate too, although I did have a few instances where I was left with irritation (and when I say irritation, I'm not talking mild).

Post shave feel was reasonably good and I'd say the fragrance was something in its favour.

The box describes the ‘Himalaya Fragrance' as a blend of Indian cedar, Himalayan blue pine, Cashmere musk and Indian amber. It's a very pleasant scent, woodsy but fresh and different from anything else I have come across. It's not in-your-face strong, but can be detected throughout the shave.

As a side note, I happened to also receive some Men's Soap Company Himalaya shaving soap, and it was immediately apparent the two pucks are identical. The only difference is the box.

It's about middle of the road, perhaps even lower, when it comes to pricing (the puck is relatively small) but it still offers good value and a pleasant shaving experience.

Full review here.

Back
Top Bottom