Hi everyone

Hi all,

New to DE shaving, have brought a Muhle R89 (arrived on Sat), along with some Proraso White, a pack of Feather Blades and Bluebeards Revenge blades (not used as been using the one that came with the DE. Have had a few shaves with it this week and starting to work on technique.

Think I made a mistake by purchasing a Wilkinson Sword brush, not sure if synthetic or boar, as doesn't say on packet, just says finest bristle, anyway, I will soon be getting a Progress Vulfix 404 Grosvenor.

Could you advise which part of forum would be best to post to request some advice on lathering bowls or even suggest some to take a look at.

Many thanks
Pete (way down south west)

Hi Pete, & welcome. I'm new here as well!

I think the WS brush is boar, the one with the slightly flattened handle? Use will help, so extra hand lathering etc.

How far south west? I ask because this morning I ordered a custom shaving bowl from Bideford Pottery. It is a follow up to the Group Buys that have run here, before I joined, so it is great that they will do them individually. Take a look at the thread for some pictures - http://theshavingroom.co.uk/communi...ng-bowls-soap-dish-with-lid-the-return.44240/

I have to admit to having bought a couple of very nice EJ large Super Badger brushes from Amazon, (one for home, one at my GF's) as they seem to have them cheaper than elsewher, but they aren't cheap.

There are a load of options. Any reason you are going for a mixed one?

Cheers, John

Hi Pete, you can ask @Roscotanna (Ross) who is one of our members and he sells bowls, Scuttles ect that he make's very well by hand in his pottery. He sells on EBay aswell, his Company name is Giles Shaving Co .
Send him a PM and I'm sure he will be able to give you some pictures of his work. I am not connected to the business in any way but I have bought a scuttle from him and it is very good indeed.
I too am from the deep south West, down here in Cornwall, where are you from?
I have just bought a 404 brush and I think you will be very happy with one.
Welcome to TSR. :) Paul.

Hi Pete, you can ask @Roscotanna (Ross) who is one of our members and he sells bowls, Scuttles ect that he make's very well by hand in his pottery. He sells on EBay aswell, his Company name is Giles Shaving Co .
Send him a PM and I'm sure he will be able to give you some pictures of his work. I am not connected to the business in any way but I have bought a scuttle from him and it is very good indeed.
I too am from the deep south West, down here in Cornwall, where are you from?
I have just bought a 404 brush and I think you will be very happy with one.
Welcome to TSR. :) Paul.
Welcome Pete :)
If you want to see any of my work, here is a link to my website:
http://www.gilesshaving.co.uk/

Happy shaving :)

Hi Pete, & welcome. I'm new here as well!

I think the WS brush is boar, the one with the slightly flattened handle? Use will help, so extra hand lathering etc.

How far south west? I ask because this morning I ordered a custom shaving bowl from Bideford Pottery. It is a follow up to the Group Buys that have run here, before I joined, so it is great that they will do them individually. Take a look at the thread for some pictures - http://theshavingroom.co.uk/communi...ng-bowls-soap-dish-with-lid-the-return.44240/

I have to admit to having bought a couple of very nice EJ large Super Badger brushes from Amazon, (one for home, one at my GF's) as they seem to have them cheaper than elsewher, but they aren't cheap.

There are a load of options. Any reason you are going for a mixed one?

Cheers, John

Hi John,

Sorry, did not see your reply.

Have gone for the 404 purely on research and advice read from here and a few other places.

Am open for suggestions as to good brushes to look at/go for.

Hi @Roscotanna (Ross),

I have looked at your site and think I will be ordering a bowl from there are there are some really nice ones that I like the look of :)

Cheers
Pete

Back
Top Bottom