Hobonichi 2017 is out

Received mine today. Got the English language this time so I can finally read the daily quotes :)

w7iiab.jpg

ftkg29.jpg

Does that include cartridge razors? ;-)
Do you not know this about me????? Cartridge's used properly will always hold a place in my heart. Who was it that brought the boldking cartridge razor just for the sake of it lol...Gillette are my goto cartridge. track, Gii, contour, sensor, mach3 and my proglide fusion.... Some Wilksinson and the king of shaves hyperglide. I haven't got any vintage tho.

Do you not know this about me????? Cartridge's used properly will always hold a place in my heart. Who was it that brought the boldking cartridge razor just for the sake of it lol...Gillette are my goto cartridge. track, Gii, contour, sensor, mach3 and my proglide fusion.... Some Wilksinson and the king of shaves hyperglide. I haven't got any vintage tho.

Ah yes, I forgot you were a man of refined razor taste :)
If you get a chance try some of the older Wilkinson ones - there are treasures hidden there.

Ah yes, I forgot you were a man of refined razor taste :)
If you get a chance try some of the older Wilkinson ones - there are treasures hidden there.
I have heard the NOS Wilkinson cartridges used descent blades and the pitch they were set in the cartridge made for a nice shave. What's your favourite vintage cartridge and favourite current cartridge.

I have heard the NOS Wilkinson cartridges used descent blades and the pitch they were set in the cartridge made for a nice shave. What's your favourite vintage cartridge and favourite current cartridge.

Hmm..tough one.
Vintage: Wilkinson Kompact or Ultra Glide
Current: Wilkinson Protector or anything that takes Atra carts

where can these be purchased?

A lot of places carry them - I bought mine from a US vendor jetpens - but you can also get them on Etsy (KawaiiTokyo is a great seller there), Ebay, etc and I assume some UK based places as well.
It seems like for instance, these UK stores carries it;
The Journal Shop
ChoosingKeeping

The actual Japanese store is here

The English/translated ones tend to sell out a few months after release but the Japanese version is a bit easier to get hold of throughout the year. I believe the English one only comes in Jan-Dec planner but the Japanese has a Jan-Dec and one April-March model.

I like using mine both for journal taking but also to, poorly, sometimes draw my shave of the day gear :) It has 'forced' me to try to write a bit every day which I really like (as it helps justifying keeping my pens around).

If you google Hobonichi and go to images you'll see thousands of examples of what creative people are using their Hobo for :)

I like the old vintage Gillette Atra carts. Don't have them next to me but came in a blue box.
I feel that in general two-blade cartridges is 'where it's at' for me :)
I really would like to see the comparison of the Schick Slim Twin carts that fit the atra system handle against some of the other standard size carts. All the images I find are of the closed packaging. And didn't want to get them if they really won't be what I'm looking for.

Back
Top Bottom