This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homemade Sweets

Discussion in 'Food and Drink Talk' started by Sabre, Tuesday April 17, 2018.

1. Sabre

Sabre

I am thinking of making some homemade sweets, top of the list is Peanut Brittle and Honeycombe - Cinder Toffee :).

I think an idiot could make these, so I will ;).

Maybe Fudge and Turkish Delight too...

2. Good luck, lavender scented Turish Delight is wonderful.

3. Never tasted Lavender Turkish Delight, sounds great, I am rather partial to Turkish Delight.

Sabre and Blademonkey like this.
  4. You can buy them at The Norfolk Lavender Company along with Lavender fudge......Mmmm :) P.

Northam Saint likes this.
  5. jimmyc

jimmyc

I used to make toffees,truffles and chocolate covered just about anything when i was in my 20s.
    buy a bigger belt :D. I had to. lost it all again when i stopped making them

Blademonkey likes this.
  6. Fudge can be a bit of a bastard but the learning process can include all sorts of interesting results - Scottish Tablet being one.
    As to Lavender it seems to work well as a flavouring - Mason's Lavender Gin for example, though I think of it as liquorice gin because of the flavour.

Sabre and Blademonkey like this.
  7. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

8. nick_s

nick_s Moderator Staff Member

9. Benz3ne

Benz3ne

Seconded - I did vanilla fudge a while back which was a huge hit with the family. Will have to do that again.

I used to have a book, growing up, which was a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-themed recipe book. You could make suckable pencils, lickable wallpaper and all manner of funky other sweets - I'll have to see if I can find it!

Blademonkey likes this.