How do you clean your Injector Razor?

I was wondering about cleaning having just acquired an Injector razor.

Since the way to load a blade is to push the old blade out with the new, it stands to reason that there will always be a blade in the razor.

So how do you clean it? Carefully? :icon_rolleyes:

Do you leave the last blade in the razor even if you're not going to use it for a few weeks? Does the blade rust or do any damage being in there so long?

Do some people sneakily push out the old blade with the new just enough to get a grip on it and whip it out?

What's your story?

If you leave the razor with no blade, you have a good chance of ruining the next blade in. When you insert it, it might scrape along the blade stops. I just rinse mine throughly under the hot tap. I reckon if I feel it's getting too dirty, I would give it the Cif and toothbrush treatment just before changing the blade.

Yeah, Paul is on the case here, sound advice....:s

There always be the exception to the rule, but it would appear most folks as per "Schick's user instructions" just rinse the razor and leave the blade in the razor between shaves.....
I personally don't see the point in removing a blade after every shave to clean a razor.....The more the blade is being extracted, handled and re injected and re - handled the more likely that the blade is going to be prematurely blunted, not to mention the wear and tear on the razor itself....Schick "do not" recommend these practice's anyway..... :mad:

The Schick Instructions Manual recommends that the razor should be thoroughly rinsed under the tap....I personally blow air through the side of the head after rinsing with Hot Water to expel anything left inside and the rest should evaporate due to the heat.....Injector blades are Stainless Steel and although not totally rust proof are generally fine to be left in the razor for extended periods of time..... Some of the Schick Injector Sets came with a thin wire handled nylon Brush that is designed to push through the side of the head to clean it without removing the blade.....A wooden tooth pick would work fine as well......:icon_rolleyes:

I have a spare one if you want it.... PM me with your address and I will post it to you......No cost.....:icon_mrgreen:

The Schick Injector System is quite perfect and quite ingenious in its simplicity.....
Best to keep it simple......:icon_razz:

Billy

Attachments

• nnn.jpg
    nnn.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 20
Those look like the brush type toothpicks you can get. Good idea, I'll pick some up.

I leave my blade in and not had a problem so far. No rust on the used blade.

How would you clean a used one y you have just bought?
You can't clean it with a blade in.

I put some Boiling Hot Water and some Dish Washing Liquid in a Stemmed Glass as I find that they hold the Heat for sustained period's of time......Drop in Mr Schick just up to the last metal part of the head with the handle above water level....I cover the glass with a piece of bubble wrap or equivalent and seal it with an elasticband and leave it for 40 minutes or so.....:icon_rolleyes:

The sealed glass helps to retain the heat and also "Creates a Mini Steam Bath Vacuum" that sweats out all sorts of wee gremlins from inside the head...... :dodgy:

I would then gently and thoroughly clean the razor with a soft toothbrush and a Blue Gel Type Toothpaste....Toothpaste is a mild cutting paste similar to T - Cut......I would then use the Blue Gel toothpaste to polish the razor.....The early Schick's are quite Heavily Gold Plated.....I find Blue Gel type toothpaste to be quite a mild abrasive and it does a fine job.....
Bobs you Uncle.......:icon_razz:

Shame about the teeth....:icon_mrgreen:

Billy

Fergiebilly said:
Yeah, Paul is on the case here, sound advice....:s

There always be the exception to the rule, but it would appear most folks as per "Schick's user instructions" just rinse the razor and leave the blade in the razor between shaves.....
I personally don't see the point in removing a blade after every shave to clean a razor.....The more the blade is being extracted, handled and re injected and re - handled the more likely that the blade is going to be prematurely blunted, not to mention the wear and tear on the razor itself....Schick "do not" recommend these practice's anyway..... :mad:

The Schick Instructions Manual recommends that the razor should be thoroughly rinsed under the tap....I personally blow air through the side of the head after rinsing with Hot Water to expel anything left inside and the rest should evaporate due to the heat.....Injector blades are Stainless Steel and although not totally rust proof are generally fine to be left in the razor for extended periods of time..... Some of the Schick Injector Sets came with a thin wire handled nylon Brush that is designed to push through the side of the head to clean it without removing the blade.....A wooden tooth pick would work fine as well......:icon_rolleyes:

I have a spare one if you want it.... PM me with your address and I will post it to you......No cost.....:icon_mrgreen:

The Schick Injector System is quite perfect and quite ingenious in its simplicity.....
Best to keep it simple......:icon_razz:

Billy

Thanks Billy, for the offer of a cleaning brush but, looking at the photo you attached, I already have one similar that I use to clean under the heads of some SE razors that can't be reached by toothbrush.

I only clean a razor when I bin the blade (not after every shave) and put the razor away until its next rotation. So it seems that I should just be a bit careful.

Thanks, to everyone for the advice.

I cringe every time that I get a Schick Injector through the post that has had the blade removed.....Every Schick Injector that I have received in the post that has been stored without a blade has always had a weaker spring.....:mad:

I have my own thoughts on this, because every other Schick Injector that I have that has been in storage for a long time with the blade and or Factory blank in place regardless of age all without exception have stronger springs....

It would appear to me that these razors were designed to have either a factory blank or blade in place to keep the spring healthy and alive....:s

Billy

Back
Top Bottom