How do you save money?

These are my habits:
I avoid paying more than £1.50 a blade, so do not buy Fusions anymore.
I generally only buy offers, and hoard.
I shop at designer outlet stores.
I buy expensive items at pound stores and TK Maxx.

My friends and acquaintances
Steal toilet paper.
Use fast food napkins for tissues.
Take hundreds of sauce, ketchup and condiment sachets
Share bath water
Don't flush the toilet
Sit in the freezing cold
Buy the basic line in the supermarket
Take anything thats free in a hotel
Buy their clothing from charity shops or second hand from eBay

What do you do?

Last edited:
Half of my coats, jackets and wardrobe are out of charity shops. I live in an up and coming affluent area and people give away top designer clobber so I can buy it for pennies. I eat frugally but well, I rarely drink despite working in a boozer and I don't smoke. I splash out on things I enjoy: buying & trying shaving gear and riding fast motorbikes. It works for me!

Since separating from my wife, and having to fund a new house for myself, I follow the simple mantra of “do I need it”. If I don't need it, I need to justify to myself that it will get used and provide benefit.
This is quite a new thing for me, because In the past I bought what I wanted, whenever, and it didn't matter whether it was any use. I wonder how much money I “wasted”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"I buy expensive items at pound stores" Pray tell, how does that work?
The pound stores have some bargains and some items of poor value. I often see people put in 12 sponges at pound that are 69p elsewhere. They also have short dated items that are usually more expensive elsewhere. Or grey imports. Why pay £3.99 at Boots when it's a pound :).

The pound stores have some bargains and some items of poor value. I often see people put in 12 sponges at pound that are 69p elsewhere. They also have short dated items that are usually more expensive elsewhere. Or grey imports. Why pay £3.99 at Boots when it's a pound :).

Ah, I understand you now.

Yes I stopped visiting those places, they always stink of urine and the whole experience is utterly ghastly... Luckily as I dont consume junk food I have no real need to visit, which seems to be all anyone else goes in there for judging by what I've seen in their baskets.

Something I did notice was the Nutella they sell, its ingredients are totally different to those of "real" Nutella found virtually anywhere else (lower % of hazelnuts and some additional unknown ingredients amongst other things I cant recall.) I suspect its the same for most goods they sell, the producers will do a special line of familiar favourites, just using a cheaper recipe for the £ shop... Both producer and shop make a profit and the punter thinks they got a bargain, what mugs game.

Back
Top Bottom