I have a 'thing'

I'm not sure what to call it - ocd, superstition or probably insanity -
but I have an affinity for the colour black.

Recently when buying a new car, one of my requirements was that it had to be black with a black interior. The car it replaced was black with a black interior, and that one replaced a black car with a black interior.

I only have black shoes and trainers. I can't even look at a brown pair.

All my jeans are black.

I have a few suits, a couple of black ones and the rest are various shades of grey which I can tolerate.

All my casual shirts, tshirts are black or grey.

My watch has a silver bracelet and case, but had to have a black face.

I have a black oxide Blackbird and King Cobra.
The only brush I use is a black handled Semogue.
I have an Artist Club DX which I have convinced myself is light grey not white
I can handle silver razors but wouldn't buy a coloured one.

I think you sort of get the idea.

What prompted this post is seing the different coloured mongeese and the red plisson brush, which is very nice, but not something I would buy.

Just to make it sound even worse, I'm typing this at work wearing blue shirt. Tomorrow it will be a pink one.
For some reason wearing colours to work doesn't bother me.

So, I know I am probably mad, but what strange habits, rituals or superstitions do you have?

Not really sure it amounts to an obsession, however I only buy shoes or boots with smooth leather which can be highly bulled. ( exception made for my highly polished gymn trainers ). The world wouldn't end for me if I could only ever obtain dimpled leather, however never suede !

JohnnyO. o/

I'm exactly the opposite - I completely dislike black colour, in almost everything.

I never wear black clothes, apart from socks.
Black may be the leather fold cover on my iPad, my iPhone (however with a blue leather case) or perhaps a rare accessory which may be chosen to be black once in a while (e.g. a black leather belt or a black soft briefcase by Bally).

A pen may be black, the dial of my watch may once in a while be black, my 28" Tumi is black (but my two Rimowas are blue and silver) but other than that I simply cannot allow myself to wear anything black.

I wear black and have black accessories since my twenties (early 90's), for several reasons: it was the essential colour of the dresscode of my profession (architect, most of them wear black, in France at least), eventually it became more practical to have a complete black wardrobe especially for the laundry, for gifts, etc. Only now that I am in my early 40's, I allow myself different shades of grey (T's and shirts mostly in order to contrast), and even colour (orange my favorite colour, which is supposed to be the new black...) for some equipment or accessories.

Anecdote: when I was an exchange student in Eastern Countries, my fellow foreign students (Americans, Swedish, Finnish, Israelis, etc) gave me a nickname: the priest...

I'm not sure what to call it - ocd, superstition or probably insanity -
but I have an affinity for the colour black.

Recently when buying a new car, one of my requirements was that it had to be black with a black interior. The car it replaced was black with a black interior, and that one replaced a black car with a black interior.

I only have black shoes and trainers. I can't even look at a brown pair.

All my jeans are black.

I have a few suits, a couple of black ones and the rest are various shades of grey which I can tolerate.

All my casual shirts, tshirts are black or grey.

My watch has a silver bracelet and case, but had to have a black face.

I have a black oxide Blackbird and King Cobra.
The only brush I use is a black handled Semogue.
I have an Artist Club DX which I have convinced myself is light grey not white
I can handle silver razors but wouldn't buy a coloured one.

I think you sort of get the idea.

What prompted this post is seing the different coloured mongeese and the red plisson brush, which is very nice, but not something I would buy.

Just to make it sound even worse, I'm typing this at work wearing blue shirt. Tomorrow it will be a pink one.
For some reason wearing colours to work doesn't bother me.

So, I know I am probably mad, but what strange habits, rituals or superstitions do you have?
ours (includes she who must be worshipped as she is tres awesome) is red/burgundy.
I can get away with anything as long as it involves that colour. (cars, razor/razor etc etc)

I really detest seeing red when I'm shaving and dislike red plastic. I don't like red rugby shirts, had a lot of disappointment with those teams. I have a great big soft spot for red setters and red headed women. I dislike tomato ketchup but love red chilies and tomato soup.

Yup! definitely got a thing about red.

When I buy socks I get several pairs of all the same sock and they are all black. I dispose of all my previous socks. It entirely removes the problem of odd socks and having to pair up socks as they are all identical. This is more laziness than ocd though.

I really detest seeing red when I'm shaving and dislike red plastic. I don't like red rugby shirts, had a lot of disappointment with those teams. I have a great big soft spot for red setters and red headed women. I dislike tomato ketchup but love red chilies and tomato soup.

Yup! definitely got a thing about red.

Such a shame the Leicester Tigers have the colour red in their shirt and badge Carl otherwise you could have been one of their supporters.

Back
Top Bottom