I need to find new soaps!

Hi All,

Now that I've scored my first straight razor (thanks Billy), I've discovered to my surprise that soaps and creams that work really well for me with DE razors aren't cutting it with a straight (excuse the pun). It would appear from my limited experience that shaving with a straight needs different slickness and lubrication, so it could be the soaps, or how I'm lathering.

More experimentation is needed, which gives me an excuse to try some new soaps. It's a hard life.

Are there any 'must try' soaps out there that I should have a go with? Up to now I've mostly been using TOBS, Trumpers and miscellaneous cheapo brands. Ta.

Hi All,

Now that I've scored my first straight razor (thanks Billy), I've discovered to my surprise that soaps and creams that work really well for me with DE razors aren't cutting it with a straight (excuse the pun). It would appear from my limited experience that shaving with a straight needs different slickness and lubrication, so it could be the soaps, or how I'm lathering.

More experimentation is needed, which gives me an excuse to try some new soaps. It's a hard life.

Are there any 'must try' soaps out there that I should have a go with? Up to now I've mostly been using TOBS, Trumpers and miscellaneous cheapo brands. Ta.
You may like to try Vitos, Valbora or the BBA shave butter, all work well for me. :) P.

Hi All,

Stirling, Tabac, PAA, Haslinger and Scheermonnik. Maybe you want to use more water with a straight.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI CRR-L09 met Tapatalk

Vitos Red Super Duper Extra Cocco or whatever it's called these days. (This will be a family heirloom and passed down for generations)
http://gemstonetrading.co.uk/vitos-...-extra-super-1000ml-uk-stock-xl-barbers-size/

Grooming Dept duck and beef have impressed me lately. (This will cost the same amount again to ship it here)
https://www.groomingdept.com/collec...er-the-fire-tallow-beef-duck-fat-shaving-soap

There's two for you at the opposite ends of the scale.
I'm liking the look of that after the fire tallow and duck fat, tell me is it worth the extra? :) P.

I'm liking the look of that after the fire tallow and duck fat,any tell me is it worth the extra? :) P.

The fella at Grooming Dept. is totally overwhelmed with orders at present and is "unobtainium" with some fearing he will become like Bufflehead, i.e., selling out within seconds on his website when available.

Although I have not tried this "latest & greatest" maker, I have tried L&L Grooming and also Tallow & Steel. They are good soaps, but I am not so sure they are worth selling the farm for. Their main claims to fame are obscure fragrances that are surely "love 'em or leave 'em" in their olfactory effect. Some border on just plain weird obscurity and of course for many that means but one thing...

Sc74tAX.jpg

The fella at Grooming Dept. is totally overwhelmed with orders at present and is "unobtainium" with some fearing he will become like Bufflehead, i.e., selling out within seconds on his website when available.

Although I have not tried this "latest & greatest" maker, I have tried L&L Grooming and also Tallow & Steel. They are good soaps, but I am not so sure they are worth selling the farm for. Their main claims to fame are obscure fragrances that are surely "love 'em or leave 'em" in their olfactory effect. Some border on just plain weird obscurity and of course for many that means but one thing...

Sc74tAX.jpg
Nice one, thanks. :) P.

Back
Top Bottom