I Was Completely Wrong ...

Up until this morning I thought pre-shave oils were for metro-sexuals and the French. I was wrong. I used the Truefitt & Hill pre-shave oil with the R89 and a Feather blade and I don't think I ever had such an easy shave.

To all those who have championed pre-shave oil, I salute you.

Always nice when we get a serrendippity discovery Steve, now don't settle with just the one pre shave, follow in the great TSR tradition of searching for the ultimate !

JohnnyO. o/

There is a famous shave oil sold in the USA called Shave Secret that is very popular. It consists of several essential oils one of which is very strong, clove oil. It's good stuff, BUT personally I don't think pre-shave oil does anything that a little longer prep, or letting the lather sit on your face for awhile before shaving, doesn't do. As well, some people say it's a SOB to get the oil out of a natural hair brush and needing a strong dish detergent or vinegar to clean it. But, if a person thinks it helps then by all means use it. You know your mug better than we do and there are more ways than one to skin a cat. ;)

http://www.shavesecret.com/

I misspoke in my original post. It was the oil with the R41 that gave me a more pleasant shave, i.e. there wasn't as much blood spilled. I have given my R41 to Scowley (I know he hasn't done anything to me to deserve such a horrible beast), so the pre-shave oil is just sitting collecting dust.

I agree with everything you said. It's a bitch to clean out the razor and sink, it doesn't do all that much more than a good, hot shower, or leaving the lather on for a full 30 seconds. I've used it once, I swear. We all make mistakes.

Can I have my man card re-validated?

Back
Top Bottom