iKon Open-Comb Deluxe Head with black B1 coating on OSS Handle on MASSDROP

As per title. 101.50 USD including postage to UK.

I've really loved using my new Ikon B1 Slant head and also using the new Ikon Deluxe Open Comb DLC baseplate with my Feather AS-D2. So am hoping I'll enjoy this one too. I'll let you know if I don't.

Remember the head on this one is the black B1 finish, not the earlier DLC. The OSS handle is, of course, uncoated stainless.

As always you might get hit for 20% plus £8

If you don't then I believe it's cheap compared to getting it from Ikon in the US

If you DO get hit then it's approx £77 inc. VAT Plus around £4.50 postage (No VAT). Plus £8 Royal Mail. This lot adds up to around £89.50

Or, approx £69 inc postage if you go under the radar.
In my (limited) experience, it's pure luck...you might, you might not...I don't think there's any science in it. The higher the value the more likely I would think...but bods here have been lucky and unlucky for all sorts of amounts.

If my maths is out then please put me straight. I'd love someone to tell me I've over estimated the prices.

I believe that paying via PayPal increases your costs due to their exchange rates. I chose to pay using a credit card this time. If I'm wrong on this point then I stand corrected but it has seemed to me that I've paid more for stuff from abroad using PayPal than I was expecting.

Back of a fag packet calculation suggests that the handle and the head plus VAT and Royal Mail £8 plus (APPROX ESTIMATE) of, say, £10 adds up to a very pleasing £57.00. Damn...I missed that :mad:

Or you might get away with the VAT and Royal Mail in which case it was REALLY CHEAP!!!! :mad:

Sorry....I forgot to post a heads-up here when I saw the deal... :(

The razor has been reduced a bit on Massdrop. But more people are needed to achieve the required number. Five days left. If it doesn't go ahead half of me will be sorry as I'm getting to like these Ikons very much and if we did get the thing under the radar it's around £65 for a nice item. But, on the other hand I'll save a couple of bob and probably still get by with what I already have.

A just a bit of fun innit?

The mean minded penny pincher in me says I only want it at the lowest of the three figures shown.

Can someone with more experience of Massdrop advise me please.....is it currently saying that no-one will get one if the current number of interested parties stays the same? - or is it saying that if I changed my bid to a firm commitment at the highest price I would get one no matter what? My bid is currently to show interest only at the lowest figure.

Kevin @DevonStan - as it stands, only 2 more commitments to purchase at the lowest level of $89.99 are required for the transaction to happen. If no one else commits then the transaction won't go ahead.

To get it at an absolute maximum of $109.99, there needs to be 3 commitments to buy at that level - currently there are none. If, say, you changed your commitment from $89.99 to $109.99, then 2 more commitments are needed at the $109.99 level for the transaction to happen at that level.

Sit tight at the $89.99 - there are 5 days left so it will reach the lowest drop!

Hmm... £69 for a B1 head and handle, shame they can't guarantee it will avoid the charges. Another shame is that it isn't paired with the B1 handle. Might have to do a bit of research to see how much they normally go for. I'm still tempted but haven't gone for it yet. 5 days you say?

I'm sincerely grateful for your explanation, Martin....concise and makes sense...even to me! I'll hang on as you say. It's come down to around £65 inc. postage but excluding any charges...and we all know that could go either way. Many thanks for troubling to look at that and assist....and having just gone back to Massdrop I can see the logic of your explanation i.e. 9 needed and 7 signed up hence 2 more required to get it at $89.99.

Damien...they show up on the Ikon site in the US at $125 if I recall correctly...that would be plus postage from the US and plus VAT and RM £8 if it were to be applied. http://ikonrazors.com/shop/ikon-razors/ikon-oss/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom