Ile De France

A DE I've recently acquired but not used yet.
DSC03248.JPG

DSC03249.JPG

DSC03250.JPG

According to the box, this was a giveaway by the French newspaper "Le Petit Parisien". A Newspaper that existed between 1876 and 1944 and in the period after WWI had a circulation of over two million, making it the largest newspaper in the world at the time.
DSC03251.JPG

DSC03252.JPG

The razor came with a few boxes new blades. These are, unfortunately, necessary. As you can see, the blades have extra indentation at the sides.
DSC03253.JPG

DSC03254.JPG

DSC03256.JPG

The producer of these razors is unknown, however the head is almost identical to my Walter Busch diagonal razor. The difference is color, and the fact the Walbusch does take ordinary blades.
DSC03257.JPG

DSC03258.JPG

As visible, this one does not. The two outer pins are so wide that an ordinary blade won't fit. It needs these proprietary ones. I've not decided yet whether I'll use one to test the razor. With my blades being this old that might make a shave that's a lot worse than the razor is capable of ...
DSC03259.JPG

DSC03260.JPG

That is a super looking razor! Bakelite is such a great material for shaving - it's in no way like plastic and always seems to give a really smooth shave with a somehow better post-shave feel.

I agree on the shaving experience. I've owned a fair few and still do, but always had a good shave with a Bakelite razor.

Haven't tried it yet. Or dared try, actually :)
Maybe I should. Actually: will do so later this month, as soon as my face has healed from the assault by the vampiristic razor that is my plastic 1920's art-deco Golf slant. Will post experiences in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom