Ingram Shaving Cream

Company: Ingram
Product: Ingram Shaving Cream
Website – GoogleSearch

Last month I was given a box containing shaving products from my friend in the UK. The first on the list was Palmolive shaving cream and now I'm dipping into the box again and pulling out Ingram an amazing mentholated shaving cream (that's) sure to please.

This is another staple of the UK. I've seen it advertised on websites there for as low as $2.00. Looks are deceiving here because this underestimated looking shaving cream is a one of the best I've used.

The scent on Ingram is very much akin to Brylcream a hair gel for man which I do use from time to time so I have no issues with it.

I like to read the instructions so I have a good idea of the limitations of a product and right off the bat it said I could use a brush and that made me happy. The instructions continued Wet the face then rinse the brush with warm water add a dab or two of the shaving cream to it and apply to face.

As you work it into your beard you can feel the shaving cream starting to build and in a minute or two, you will get an intense menthol sensation which will last until after the shave about 10 minutes or so such a fantastic feeling. This cream has plenty of slickness and glide which you will notice after your shave. It allowed me to go over stubborn spots with ease. The post shave feel was also top shelf. In retrospect, I should have used a mentholated balm to end the shave like the one from Soap Commander maybe next time.

So, I had a great shave and would absolutely recommend this to every wet shaver. Of course, if you're not a menthol head like me then you can skip this one. But if you order one now online you'll be glad you did.

Company: Ingram
Product: Ingram Shaving Cream $3.00
Website – GoogleSearch

ingram.jpg

Finished my review cycle on it recently, here was my summary:

This is one of those creams that gets mentioned whenever budget options come up, like Palmolive and Arko. It certainly has an attractive price point.

It's also mentioned when ‘cold' menthol products are discussed, but for me this was rather mild, certainly no stronger than any of the other products I've tried.

It doesn't seem to handle heat very well, the cream being quite runny to begin with. When warm it simply poured out of the tube, which didn't inspire confidence.

That said, it generally proved easy to lather — though didn't always provide the best quality. Slickness was a bit hit-and-miss and, even when present, protection was a little lacking. I picked up irritation and/or nicks on most of my shaves.

In fact, performance wise I rarely got a great end result, though it usually did the job.

Fragrance-wise it was unimpressive too. Not sure what they were going for. If I'm being generous I'd say a high, sharp floral scent, but it's more chemical to my nose.

For the price, you get a perfectly adequate cream that provides a reasonable standard of shave. Not one I'd recommend you bother seeking out though.

Full review here.

The watery consistency that a few people have mentioned is not how it should be, it should be a thick cream. I had a tube that was watery and contacted ingrams to ask if this was normal, they got back to me and explained that they use a heating process to set the cream and that something had gone wrong with some of their batches causing it not to set in the tube, they sent me out a complimentary tube and this one was thick as it is supposed to be.

I'm not a fan, I don't find it has much protection and it smells weird. To me it smells like I've used a menthol cream on a new brush that still has some of its stink
I agree I'm not much of a fan either but it's okie I suppose as a back up...never had the stink smell you describe, maybe your tube has gone off.

One of my favourite creams. I've always found it excellent. If you're getting a poor lather with it you need to use a bit more product or improve your skill with a brush. Liking it or not's another matter, all in the eye, and nose, of the beholder. Never had the misfortune to get one of the runny tubes. I imagine they've sorted that by now.

Back
Top Bottom