Is there a British artisan shaving cream maker?

The soap section of gallantandklein is home to some very nice artisan made soaps (Which I cannot afford at the moment as I am saving for a Merkur Progress) but I can't seem to find any shaving creams along the same line, yes there are TOBS and T&H etc' but these are still mass produced. Is there a particular reason why we don't see artisan made creams?

According to here:
http://shavesoaps.wordpress.com/2014/03/31/wickham-soap-company-super-smooth-shaving-soap-club-cola/

It's the softest 'soap' this guy ever tried so... (I haven't tried it now DISCLAIMER) I'd say softer than Proraso.

It's softer than proraso, but not so soft that you could put it in a tube.
I've racked my brain trying to think of something of similar consistency, and all I can come up with is plasticine.

PM me and I'll send you a small bit of the bay rum to see if you like it.

Chris

Shemen Zait said:
The soap section of gallantandklein is home to some very nice artisan made soaps (Which I cannot afford at the moment as I am saving for a Merkur Progress) but I can't seem to find any shaving creams along the same line, yes there are TOBS and T&H etc' but these are still mass produced. Is there a particular reason why we don't see artisan made creams?

Yes, Wickham is softer than a normal soap. So are Nanny. PM me for 10% off if you decide to pull the trigger.

Far North Unscented Goat Milk ticked all the boxes for me ... until I tried to shave with it. Alas, it did not ... well ... do anything.

NSS soaps are great, also her straight up basin soaps are very good, Wickham's are very nice. Buy 'em all! :D

I have tried both Nanny and Wickhams and both have come out really well. A nice creamy, slick lather than allows the blade the glide across your face. Both are nicely scented as well.

Back
Top Bottom