*** Joining from Dubai - getting shaved with Cutthroat

Hi all , Im joining from Dubai (Expat)
I get a shave 3 times a week but I get shaved with a cutthroat, and I try different creams and balms.
Do many people here use the cutthroat, Im starting to learn. Im also trying the DE on the weekends, not easy to start with but I find it is not as close
as the cutthroat. Im looking forward to trying and learning more things

Welcome to TSR Mark, I use many razors including Straight razors and Kamisori, it's good I think to try as many types of razor to see what you enjoy the most. I have found that I like Single Edge razors and straights ( including Kamisori) the most, it's taken me a couple of years to come to this conclusion .
I'm sure you will find out what you like best soon enough. Paul.

Hi all , Im joining from Dubai (Expat)
I get a shave 3 times a week but I get shaved with a cutthroat, and I try different creams and balms.
Do many people here use the cutthroat, Im starting to learn. Im also trying the DE on the weekends, not easy to start with but I find it is not as close
as the cutthroat. Im looking forward to trying and learning more things
Hi Mark, welcome. I lived in RAK for many years and enjoyed the luxury of being shaved with a straight razor there. Never could get used to The eyebrow threading though!

Hi Mark. I lived in Dubai for 6 years, used to go to the barbers in MoE down the carrefour end. Not sure if it's still there. I always admired how the young locals had those perfectly shaped and trimmed beards, they sure do spend a lot of time on their appearance!

Although, I'll never forget a haircut I had at the Park n Shop that had me looking like a strange manwoman for a week! Just about the only time one could be forgiven for calling me “Sir-mam” when I walked into a restaurant.

I also just picked up a straight razor and am learning to use that. One slice at a time. Might I offer a word of advice from experience - I suggest NOT trying to shave with a straight razor after several beers. Learned that lesson the sharp way :oops:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom