Just purchased a Hone 15 bronze

Really excited to get my hands on this razor been really tempted with the oneblade but it's just to dam expensive so carried on looking around and came across the Hone 15 bronze !
I love anything bronze as it just ages beautifully and you can't beat a bit of patina
So my questions are does it shave as well as it looks and I'd really like to see pictures of members that own the razor and how it's aged .

Thanks Ian

Attachments

• 6e90c15c4e801d1d982e89c5cf752b75.jpg
    6e90c15c4e801d1d982e89c5cf752b75.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 31
image.jpg
Really excited to get my hands on this razor been really tempted with the oneblade but it's just to dam expensive so carried on looking around and came across the Hone 15 bronze !
I love anything bronze as it just ages beautifully and you can't beat a bit of patina
So my questions are does it shave as well as it looks and I'd really like to see pictures of members that own the razor and how it's aged .

Thanks Ian
Hello Ian, I have the brass Hone type 15 and I love it, some say it is a little mild and to be fair it is but it is also very efficient and does the job and does it well.
The patina it picks up over time is great and constantly changing.
The origanal idea for the Hone 15 was to make it out of bronze but things changed and it never was put into production but the brass Hone type 15 was and I'm pleased it was because it remains one of my go to DE razors, I love the weight of it ( quite heavy) and I love the way the brass retains the heat of the hot water when shaving.
I have found ( for me ) the Gillette Nacet or the Gillette Rubie blades work realy well with this razor. For me it shaves really well and I think it looks fantastic . :)

1BD3604E-5020-4F70-A206-81C39C2DAE98_zpsvuv3qm9x.jpg

Best Regards

Last edited:
It is a very mild shaver, quite heavy to hold. I have had mine since Christmas and when I use it I find that I am still adapting to it. What I find is it is a tad awkward under my nose to get a clean sweep but I'm sure that will come with practice and learning the nuances of the razor.

One of my favourite aspects is the heat retention, I pop it in a sink of warm water as I lather up and it's quite a treat to put the razor to the face, especially given the cold mornings.

I am enjoying the razor so far and I fancy giving it a spin tomorrow.

15875888_1365812013477763_8097402633146335232_n.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 23270
Hello Ian, I have the brass Hone type 15 and I love it, some say it is a little mild and to be fair it is but it is also very efficient and does the job and does it well.
The patina it picks up over time is great and constantly changing.
The origanal idea for the Hone 15 was to make it out of bronze but things changed and it never was put into production but the brass Hone type 15 was and I'm pleased it was because it remains one of my go to DE razors, I love the weight of it ( quite heavy) and I love the way the brass retains the heat of the hot water when shaving.
I have found ( for me ) the Gillette Nacet or the Gillette Rubie blades work realy well with this razor. For me it shaves really well and I think it looks fantastic . :)
Thank you for the picture and reply it's such a lovely looking razor and I just love bronze as ages beautifully and is different I like different

It is a very mild shaver, quite heavy to hold. I have had mine since Christmas and when I use it I find that I am still adapting to it. What I find is it is a tad awkward under my nose to get a clean sweep but I'm sure that will come with practice and learning the nuances of the razor.

One of my favourite aspects is the heat retention, I pop it in a sink of warm water as I lather up and it's quite a treat to put the razor to the face, especially given the cold mornings.

I am enjoying the razor so far and I fancy giving it a spin tomorrow.

15875888_1365812013477763_8097402633146335232_n.jpg
Wow I love how yours has aged the patina is amazing

Wow I love how yours has aged the patina is amazing
It's coming along quite nicely, I just give it a rinse and dry it when I am putting things away. Not long to wait for yours, I know when I ordered it came within 5 days to the UK. I would have liked a case too but they had sold out when I bought mine

So, since you have both what is your pick in a Hone vs. General "Mexican standoff"?
I wouldn't part with the Hone or the General, they are both great razors but are both totally different . I like them both for different reasons.
If the question was what do I think is the best injector razor, the Schick adjustable or the Pal adjustable I could pick a winner but I can not with the razors in question. I have quite a good view sitting on top of this fence! :)

Last edited:
This beauty is near the top of my wishlist, for sure! I tend to like mild razors coupled with laser sharp razors, so this seems to be right up my alley. I'll leave a few hints for my SO near the date of my birthday and wait if she gets them haha

Back
Top Bottom