Kimson Shaving Brushes

Anyone have any experience with their handles or full shaving brushes?

They are based out of Vietnam and specialize in handcrafting items out of horn - often with inlays such as abalone, etc.

Their site: http://www.handicraft-vn.com/shop/

Here are some videos showing the manufacturing process;

The finished horn brush handle with abalone inlay
mkyb90.jpg

Some examples of their finished handles;

Hegaxon version:
r2vn2c.jpg

29xt25y.jpg

qp2tk7.jpg

16gl5iw.jpg

Buffalo horn handles like this one is about GBP 34
25klf2v.jpg

They also do things like matching shaving bowls out of buffalo horn for about GBP 17
jafbwg.jpg

ng4jdl.jpg

In spanish forums some people have Kimson brushes
They said brushes are very good, whith an amazing soft hair

When the brushes have sort loft they have enough backbone to face lather but some brushes have tall loft and they haven't enough backbone

The trouble with Kimson brushes are the waiting times, I have read some people was waiting almost a year until he sent them his brush

I remember reading on either B&B or TSD that a guy ordered 10 handles, and two arrived cracked. There were also issues with the inlays falling out.

In general though, almost all the posts I've read about Kimson are positive. A few years back I offered to go through every page of their website and send them corrected descriptions in proper English (plus all future products), rather than the pidgin English used on their site, in exchange for a brush handle. They turned me down. I think that was stupid of them, or at the very least, shortsighted of them, all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom