looking for long/rubberset type handle with silvertip

Hello
I love my Shavemac 2 band silvertip, but as a bowl latherer I end up with lather all over the place including my hands. As such, my long handled synthetic crown king brush has become my go to brush. I would really like the best of the two brushes, so I am looking for a long handled brush but with a knot of similar quality to the shavemac. I am slightly cautious about getting a heavy metal one, which with my clumsiness is likely to damage my wife's designer sink or tiles. It does not have to have a copy of the rubberset handle, just any long handle to keep the lather off my mits. Any reccos would be welcome.
Thanks.
Mark

Am I right in assuming that the Crown King you have is the Switchback 400? If not or if you want another one, mine currently comes with three ferrules total, one with the original synth knot (one of them, need to look up which one), one with a low-loft Chinese 22mm silvertip and a 24mm TGN Finest. But Shavemac quality knot is a criterion tougher to satisfy. Could try a 24 knot from Maseto shaving (CH) and replace the TGN Finest, which is rather scritchy.

Alternative, and assuming you're on a budget (since you won't e.g. go for a custom handle from Shavemac?) try one of the Maseto barbershop handles from eBay:
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/LS-MS-100-F...%3A570f274d15b0a6a5d2e67dfefffcda5d%7Ciid%3A7

Thanks for the quick reply
It snot the switchback. This is the brush below
If shavemac did a long handle one, I would go for one of them. Perhaps I should contact Bernd and see if he can come up with something.
Thanks for that link. it looks the job but as you say Shavemac quality is a tough criterion to match!
shaving-brush-the-rook-suave-tali-wood-shaving-brush-26-mm-early-american-stain-1_7659ba3a-783f-405c-b505-cefd755f3949_1024x1024.jpg

Thanks. Great. I don't have many brushes so would rather pay for a few which I love and use etc. plus a birthday coming up shortly!

Bernd has made a Rubberset 400-style handle for a group buy on another forum. It might be worthwhile to contact him to see if he'll make one for you. It seems that all the recent talk about shavemac knots is focused on their silvertips, but I wouldn't dismiss their finest hair.

Back
Top Bottom