This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Cotton in Handle

Discussion in 'Restoration Workshop' started by Bogeyman, Monday April 30, 2018.

1. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Today, I was cleaning the threads on a "fat handle" Tech and the damned cotton bud on the Q-Tip came off inside!! Cheap damned generic @#^&!! :mad:

I don't have a patch puller "worm" small enough to fit in the handle end. :( Ideas?

Blademonkey likes this.
  2. Bend the tip of a dress makers pin over to form a hook and hook it out. P.

3. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

It's not that simple as the pin would break if bent I'd imagine and it has to be attached to something long as the bud fell to the bottom.

4. Put a dab of glue on another cotton bud and put that in the handle

5. That's why I said a dress makers pin, because they are long and if you heat the tip over a flame and then bend into a hook the tip will not snap off , better still get yourself a paper clip and bend that into a hook implement and fish the cotton tit out.

Bogeyman and Benz3ne like this.
  6. Fire

Joking apart, double sided sticky tape on the handle of the bud

Blademonkey likes this.
  7. SeanC

SeanC

Dry cotton is both light and uncompacted. Pouring some water in will definately add mass and may compact it, potentially allowing gravity to do the job

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

8. MrK1

MrK1

Why don't you just leave it in there?

9. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Because my hand is a finely tuned machine and the Tech so perfectly balanced that even a cotton bud threw everything out of kilter. Harmony had to be reestablished in the Universe. ;) :D :rolleyes:

Seriously, bent paper clip taped onto a thin stick did it.

Miles Teg and MrK1 like this.
  10. pjgh

pjgh

Balance and harmony restored ... yay!

I have to say, if I had done this, every time I used that razor it would irk me.

MrK1 and Bogeyman like this.
  11. Rohleder

Rohleder

:D

You're not alone, I've also done this before :rolleyes: Removed it by running under the tap, shaking it toward the opening and then removing with tweezers. I use pipe cleaners now!

Bogeyman likes this.