Lucky Tiger Liquid Shave Cream

This was another in my attempt to find a decent brushless cream as an alternative to my electric shaver for when I'm in a rush.

For a legend (that's) been in the shave community for a long time, I was bit disappointed by the bottle. It's plastic (I was expecting glass) and wasn't as imposing as I'd imagined (for some reason I expected something taller).

The performance was a little disappointing too, though not so different to other brushless creams I've used thus far. For starters it absolutely refused to lather. Most products of this sort don't it seems, but this one specifically says it should.

Slickness was generally pretty good, at least when water was applied. Post shave feel wasn't usually bad either.

Protection was lacking though, and I often picked up nicks. The lack of any real closeness meant this didn't even bring the benefit of a smooth finish.

The fragrance was nice and zesty, but you only get a quick blast of it as you apply from the bottle, then it promptly disappears.

It's not the cheapest cream, with 150ml retailing for about £12. Considering the amount used in comparison to Kiehl's, this actually offers slightly poorer bang for your buck. To be fair, perhaps my clogging issues were down to applying too much (hard to know).

Overall, it did the job, but for something with such longevity and a reputation I expected a lot more. It provided passable shaves but I could have got that from almost any product.

Full review here.

This was another in my attempt to find a decent brushless cream as an alternative to my electric shaver for when I'm in a rush.

For a legend (that's) been in the shave community for a long time, I was bit disappointed by the bottle. It's plastic (I was expecting glass) and wasn't as imposing as I'd imagined (for some reason I expected something taller).

The performance was a little disappointing too, though not so different to other brushless creams I've used thus far. For starters it absolutely refused to lather. Most products of this sort don't it seems, but this one specifically says it should.

Slickness was generally pretty good, at least when water was applied. Post shave feel wasn't usually bad either.

Protection was lacking though, and I often picked up nicks. The lack of any real closeness meant this didn't even bring the benefit of a smooth finish.

The fragrance was nice and zesty, but you only get a quick blast of it as you apply from the bottle, then it promptly disappears.

It's not the cheapest cream, with 150ml retailing for about £12. Considering the amount used in comparison to Kiehl's, this actually offers slightly poorer bang for your buck. To be fair, perhaps my clogging issues were down to applying too much (hard to know).

Overall, it did the job, but for something with such longevity and a reputation I expected a lot more. It provided passable shaves but I could have got that from almost any product.

Full review here.

I tried this a few times - not really got into this. I found I can get a decent lather but this only works well for one pass, thus when I use it is usually for a tidy up shave in the evening, when I need one.

Like you I expected more given the heritage of the brand and product.

Back
Top Bottom