March 2017 Acquisitions

A few more birthday bits arrived today; albeit a week late...

b927b87d090c5df8815ace379df08b2b.jpg

Extro Bay Rum, Razor Master Uula and RazoRock xXx arrived today. Have had a quick whiff of all of them.

Extro Bay Rum smells a bit 'funky' (personal opinion) initially, very overpowering bay/herbaceous/heady smell initially but settles down quickly to a far more refined/restrained bay leaf smell, definitely some cloves and some citrus notes accompanying. Not overpowering after circa 2 minutes and very refined smell.

Razor Master Uula - described as a very strong coffee/chocolate scent. I anticipated, being a drinker of black coffee, that it would smell something along the lines of chocolatey coffee grounds but it's far sweeter than that, with a definite cream and/or vanilla aspect. If you've enjoyed a flat-white before, this should be up your ally.

RazoRock XXX - Probably the most well-known of the 3 arrivals. A very traditional (I'm assuming), soapy scent. Reminds me a lot of Mysore Sandalwood bath soap, but with more of a powdery/talcum smell typical of 'barbershop'-scented products.

All in all, very interested as to how these will perform, as well as how they'll smell during lathering/on my face! Will report back, probably in the reviews section.

Let me know what you think of the soaps please? I've been tempted with both of those.

Cheers
Rob
Let me know what you think of the soaps please? I've been tempted with both of those.

Cheers
Rob
Rob, this Fine soap is very good indeed. I used the Itallan citrus today and found it to be very much like Tabac in the way it lathered ( real easy) giving a thick creamy lather, it has quite a strong scent of citrus with a touch of musk.
It performed very well and I would say give it a try.
The platinum one smells just like the aftershave....very good.

Rob, this Fine soap is very good indeed. I used the Itallan citrus today and found it to be very much like Tabac in the way it lathered ( real easy) giving a thick creamy lather, it has quite a strong scent of citrus with a touch of musk.

Good morning Paul. Thanks for thinking of me. Sounds good. Another soap to add to the list.:p

I've just heard Fine are planning on releasing their soaps in containers in the near future. I will hang fire and wait until I hear more.

I bought a D.R. Harris Arlington soap refill puck (not in the Wooden bowl) and I think the cardboard box has affected the scent.

Back
Top Bottom