Meanwhile, in Australia....

A bloke's wife goes missing whilst scuba diving reefs off the east coast of Australia. He reports her to the Police as missing, he searches fruitlessly for her, and spends a terrible night worrying about what could have happened to her.
The next morning there's a knock at his door and he opens it to a couple of policemen, an older Sergeant and a young Constable.
The Sergeant says, “Mate, we have some news for you. Unfortunately we have bad news, but also a couple of bits of good news.”
“I guess I'd better have the bad news first”, says the bloke.
The Sergeant says, “I'm really sorry mate, but your wife's dead. Young Billy here found her wedged in a little cleft in the reef. He got a line around her and we pulled her up, but she was dead mate.”
The bloke is naturally upset to hear this and has a bit of a turn, but after a few minutes he pulls himself together and asks what the good news is.
The Sergeant says, “Well, when we got your wife up to the boat there were quite a few good-sized lobsters and a bunch of nice crabs attached to her, so we've brought you a share.”
He hands the bloke a bag with a couple of big lobsters and five crabs in it.
“Gee thanks mate. They're bloody beauties. I guess it's an ill wind and all that..., so what's the other good news?”
“Well”, the Sergeant says, “If you fancy a quick trip, me and Billy get off duty at 11 o'clock and we're gonna shoot on over to the reef and pull her up again.”

Back
Top Bottom