Mennen Skin Bracer

I purchased a bottle whilst in France. I don't really feel any effects from the Menthol, I will have to compare it to the Aqua Velva I also bought. It's a hard to pour bottle like Brut. It's not bad, but not in the same league as Speick my bench mark aftershave.

European versions of Mennen skinbracer and Aqua Velva are weak(both as in scent and menthol) compared to the American versions. I got the American skinbracer and Aqua Velva from e-bay the seller is Blue medical and postage charges are very reasonable, the only downside is the American versions comes in so called shatter-proof plastic bottles but the strength is significant.

I just applied the Aqua Velva, better face feel than the Skin Bracer. No real menthol sensation. I usually use Old Spice, but have recently purchased Speick, Hattric, Pitralon Classic and Cella. Speick is my all time favourite, but I haven't used it since 2012 until last weekend.

Like Sezer1974 said the French and Italian concoctions are a pale juice in comparison to the yank stuff. The US version has th perfect balance of Menthol and powder, nicer than Pibaud inmho.

Last edited:
Forget the Mennen, buy the cheap clone Barbasol Brisk AS as it's a better version and much more potent. In the U.S. it sells for $1.75!!!!

Forget the Mennen, buy the cheap clone Barbasol Brisk AS as it's a better version and much more potent. In the U.S. it sells for $1.75!!!!
Unfortunately work doesn't send me to the United States, just France, Germany and The Netherlands. I tend to vacation in Europe too.

The French version of Skin Bracer does have water as the main ingredient, compared to alcohol in virtually every other aftershave lotion.

Back
Top Bottom