Merkur progress

Believe so if it's the same as the original Progress.
Important to make sure the triangle type shape, and the marking on the cap are on the same side.
I also line up the blade, then use pressure on the top to make sure the blade doesn't end up slightly misaligned. The design easily allows the blade to sit more to one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Believe so if it's the same as the original Progress.
Important to make sure the triangle type shape, and the marking on the cap are on the same side.
I also line up the blade, then use pressure on the top to make sure the blade doesn't end up slightly misaligned. The design easily allows the blade to sit more to one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What he said :)

Known as mergress and digress if I'm not mistaken? Can get it with stainless or brass knob which both look nice.

I agree with MrK1 though, the Parker looks better in my personal opinion!

As my original post I do have the long handled Mergress with a stainless steel adjustment knob
I can't see any mention of the stainless adjustment knob but either way sounds like you've got a beauty! :)

To answer the question, with my Parker Variant, I adjust down all the way and then dial in my required adjustment. As others have mentioned keep an eye on the notch or it'll sit at about #3 full closed.

I have been leaving mine wound all the way up, so unsprung, between used to relieve the spring a bit but, as per one of my recent SOTDs, you have to wind it back down or you'll shave with a monumental blade gap as I did! :D

Edit: looks as though you've changed your op but not to worry! :) all point above are valid to someone, right?

Back
Top Bottom