Modern Chinese Tech razor aka Super Gillette Blue Safety razor

I have sold to several members here an Super Gillette Blue Safety razor, if I'm not mistaking I sold four off these hard to get razors, as they are never to be found on eBay or other sites, I just took them from China with me.

So I have been using an Super Gillette Blue Safety Razor myself for about two months and it might be the best Chinese safety razor that I ever have used, its not to mild like an Weishi and not to aggressive.

The razor is very light and I guess the plastic makes it even less heavy then other light razors.

My experience is that this safety razor just works great and I would gladly recommend these, but you should need to buy it via Mistertao in that case, which is not convenient for many, but it does work and if you want discount on the commission my username can be used as referral.

I hope the guys who bought one from me, can share their experience here in this topic.

Here is an picture, although not out off package.

[attachment=6821]

Attachments

• IMG_20121229_131949(1) (1)_1714x2285.jpg
    IMG_20121229_131949(1) (1)_1714x2285.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 195
Interesting. I'm trying to import another razor that factory makes. The MOQ is enormous though.

They sent me a sample of that razor. It's not bad. The head is very rudimentary. That said, I'm not sure their copper & chrome version is a marked improvement.

Well this one I can say is very good quality, there is not much wrong with the head, don't ask me what kind off aluminum they use, but its surely not bad, I have been using mine already for about two months and every week I clean it and then it looks like new almost.

I think this razor is better then the Rimei's which just copies the Tech razor, this one uses the real Tech head and honestly it looks much better then an Rimei, okay the plastic handle might look cheap, but its a very well made piece off plastic with a good grip and its much longer then most handles.

The handle is about 11cm long.

fly3k said:
could be worth it for the handle for me I have a tech head but only a badly fitting brass handle

Either buy a boots razor, it would fit on their or I have a spare gillette new handle the tech would fit on you can have for free

Thread necromancy.

I just received one of these I had ordered from tinydeal.com. It shipped out of Malaysia and took approx. 25 days with most of that time spent languishing in Customs. :rolleyes: Dirt cheap at $3.80 (2.90 GBP approx.). Mine was folded over and the plastic torn so they taped it up. Regardless, it was undamaged and the single Super Gillette Blue blade as well. As a previous poster mentioned, the head is a direct copy of the original Tech, albeit using cheap light metal. It is literally as light as a feather. I will try it out soon and report back on how it shaves, although I imagine it will be just like a post-war Tech.

One reason I bought this was I figured it was also a "bulletproof" way to get an authentic Super Gillette Blue blade to me as the market is so rife with fakes. After all, why would they counterfeit such a cheap razor just to insert a fake blade into the pckg.? It makes no sense financially.

http://www.tinydeal.com/gillette-fusion-two-sided-manual-razor-for-male-p-83039.html

I shaved with mine today & used the enclosed Super Gillette Blue blade. I'll be frank in that this lil' puppy is a dandy!! Light & nimble. The blade was good, not quite up to their better Goal SP or their top tier Russian blade, but very serviceable. I believe it is their entry level blade over there. If you were marooned overnight in China you could do far worse than pick up one of these to shave with. ;) It shaves like....you guessed it, a Tech. The top cap is however ultra thin and allows you to get under your nose precisely.

Will it last as long as an original brass Tech or cause you to have sentimental attachment? No. But, it made me smile and think what a great shave for such a paltry sum and in the end that's a large part of the game. There is almost a sinful glee that comes with buying a dirt cheap DE razor that works fantastically, like you have somehow "gamed" the system. :D ;)

I experienced the same results with the russian Gillette Rubie Razor (which looks exactly like yours) and the Egyptian Lord L5 (which is entirely aluminium made): cheap (although not as the chinese one) Tech clones but absolutely excellent shavers!

I believe the Rubie one is the same as well. My Lord Tech clone isn't nearly as smooth and shaves more aggressively, however in all fairness that just may be stacking tolerances on such a cheaply made razor. I read that the cheap Rapira one as well is more aggressive than an R41!!

I will add that I used this Super Gillette Blue blade today in a Schick Krona for its 2nd shave and that made quite the difference. I am moving this blade up from "serviceable" to Astra SP equivalency. Excellent shave. I wish I had a legitimate source for more in bulk.

Recently, I have been playing with this lil' gem of a razor and I have to tell you that it's only fault is its light weight which makes you work a little harder. However, I don't know if it's a fluke but this is the smoothest and most efficient DE razor that I have had the pleasure to use. The Chinese, whether by design or sheer luck, have perfected the Tech head as it is thinner and far more maneuverable. I do not know offhand if the last batch of zamak Techs made up until 1973 shave this well or not. I should buy one to find out. My only complaint is as aforementioned that even with a heavy handle screwed onto this light Chinese head that the balance is awkward. I had an English Gillette "ball end" post-war Tech that I loved as well, but I sold it. I cannot recall it it shaved as good as this Chinese "pot metal" one however. :oops:

I am damn sure going to buy a few in the future to find out. ;)

Recently, I have been playing with this lil' gem of a razor and I have to tell you that it's only fault is its light weight which makes you work a little harder. However, I don't know if it's a fluke but this is the smoothest and most efficient DE razor that I have had the pleasure to use. The Chinese, whether by design or sheer luck, have perfected the Tech head as it is thinner and far more maneuverable. I do not know offhand if the last batch of zamak Techs made up until 1973 shave this well or not. I should buy one to find out. My only complaint is as aforementioned that even with a heavy handle screwed onto this light Chinese head that the balance is awkward. I had an English Gillette "ball end" post-war Tech that I loved as well, but I sold it. I cannot recall it it shaved as good as this Chinese "pot metal" one however. :oops:

I am damn sure going to buy a few in the future to find out. ;)

I don't have a MIC Gillette Tech but Shanghai made Yingjili Tech's top plate seems to curve the blade more than my UK made 1972 Gillette Tech. I find the MIC Tech produces a milder shave than it's UK counterpart.

I've read some mixed reports of Yingjili Tech's not having equal blade exposure on both sides, but mine is perfect and the shave is wonderfully smooth and efficient.

I've not yet used a MIC Gillette Super Blue, but I have used some other MIC DE blades and IMO they seem to go under the radar.

I've got one of these on order. Has anyone compared it with the Indian Gillette 7 o'clock Sterling you can get on ebay? I suspect that, apart from the supplied blades, there's no difference at all, but it would be nice to have it confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom