Modern handle on ER 1914

As the ER 1914 has a smaller thread on the head/handle than the 1912, 1924 and Streamline, I've been looking for a way to attach a modern S/S handle.
After using my Standard DE, I had sudden eureka moment when I remembered the grub screw with the double thread.
IMG_20160309_213339414e.jpg
The the larger thread is M5 and fits the handle as well as other modern handles. The smaller thread that fits into the Standard head is actually smaller than the 1914 thread.
I found a nut that fits the smaller grub screw thread.
IMG_20160309_213705225e.jpg
et voilà.
IMG_20160309_213859532e.jpg
My next shave :D:D:D

I now need to find the size of the smaller thread and a source of similar grub screws.

This is a great idea, just ordered up some 15mm M5 grub screws for my 1912. Hopefully they will screw the whole way down into the handle and leave enough protruding for the head.

I could not find grub screws like the ones above.

This is a great idea, just ordered up some 15mm M5 grub screws for my 1912. Hopefully they will screw the whole way down into the handle and leave enough protruding for the head.

I could not find grub screws like the ones above.
I did ask Standard Razors for info, this time last year, still waiting for a reply !!!!!!

The M5 grub screw is slightly different to the 1912/1924/Streamline imperial fitting. It fits, but not exactly.
I actually slightly tighten an 8 mm grub screw into the head with an allen key then attach the handle of choice.

Ah, I see and yes of course it would be imperial and not metric. It was odd because I managed to screw the handle of the 1912 into the handle from my DE. Then I remembered seeing this post last year, so dug it up to see what the size of the grub screw was to order.

I will approach it as you recommend, screw into head first thank you @Electrif

Back
Top Bottom