More Blades Than Sense

I know how to spend a Easter Sunday evening. I gave my Gillette blank handled superspeed a good polish and a respray this afternoon and putting it away I caused a collapse of my stockpile of blades, finding it all a bit untidy I decided to empty all the blades and store them in an empty Proraso gift tin.

Once I started I had to finish as I was in one hell of a mess! In a small container I think I had about 300 of various makes mostly Wilkinson Sword and Gillette Wilkinson Sword. Other highlights include:

Bic: 165
Ladas: 209
Rapira Super Stainless: 292
Gillette Nacet: 204
Polsilver: 110
Astra SP: 80
Voskhod: 75
Gillette Silver Blues: 85
Supermax Super Platinum: 80

One or two may have slipped by during counting...

I didn't realise I had so many blades! The tin is crammed full but I do have a few brands I would like to try that I haven't yet, Perma Sharp and Kai to name but two.

Do you guys unknowingly have many blades, if so how do you keep them organised?

Wowsers, they should keep you going for a while. I've prob got 25 different blades stored in a Tupperware sealed box.....but I suspect you'd need the XL one, think I'm set on buying a bulk of Nacet blades.

I know how to spend a Easter Sunday evening. I gave my Gillette blank handled superspeed a good polish and a respray this afternoon and putting it away I caused a collapse of my stockpile of blades, finding it all a bit untidy I decided to empty all the blades and store them in an empty Proraso gift tin.

Once I started I had to finish as I was in one hell of a mess! In a small container I think I had about 300 of various makes mostly Wilkinson Sword and Gillette Wilkinson Sword. Other highlights include:

I didn't realise I had so many blades! The tin is crammed full but I do have a few brands I would like to try that I haven't yet, Perma Sharp and Kai to name but two.

I have two 1300 peli case's which house all of my blades both DE and injector. I estimate that I have 3000 blades, but they don't take up much space and I don't have to feed them! :)

I have two 1300 peli case's which house all of my blades both DE and injector. I estimate that I have 3000 blades, but they don't take up much space and I don't have to feed them! :)
Peli case is a good idea, I sort of have regrets about emptying every packet. Once I started there was no going back. I estimated about 1600 blades, if I use each my standard 3 times I have 13 years worth blades.

Peli case is a good idea, I sort of have regrets about emptying every packet. Once I started there was no going back. I estimated about 1600 blades, if I use each my standard 3 times I have 13 years worth blades.
There is nothing wrong with stockpiling, you protect against price rises in the future and quite often get great deals when buying in bulk. I've not called myself Blademonkey for nothing! :)

..I call it' DE blade stockpiling'..or more realistically,as you rightly put it,"more blades than sense"..my last blade count i had over 500+ various types of blades mainly Russian made ones..i only shave: Sat,Sun,tues,thurs, ( using two blades a week).. To try and get through them ,which will take years..my rule now is, use a blade twice, then it's binned,even if a blade can still be used....like yourself..it'll be years before i need to buy anymore..i'll probably leave a huge batch of DE blades in my "last will and testament"!!.. i only started DE razor shaving in 2016, and went through a period of mad impulsive buying, but now.."i've got what i need,not what i want"..i still "window shop" but i don't buy.i think to myself, do i really need it?..the answer is "NO"..this goes for other shaving kit also..the only thing i've bought shaving related recently, is a Parker 94R & a bottle of Old spice Aftershave..both should be arriving in the next few days..I bought the 94R as replacement for my 22R,that got damaged beyond repair, and had to be taken to the DE razor graveyard.Sothat is it for quite a while with buying shaving related products.
As for storage of blades?.. one of six,that i use.
DSCN0003.JPG
Poundland :Screws & Wall plug holders..you actually get two for a pound!..great value,for my used blades i use a washed out jam jar.
Keep those DE blade buying urge's at bay..well at least for a few weeks,anyway.:D
Regards.

Last edited:
I have a Tuperware container full of Polsilver SI, Astra SP, Voskhod, Perma Sharp, and Rapira. If I live to be 90 I'll still have some left. Your thread title shows that you haven't fully embraced the rabbit-hole that is wet-shaving. Just wait until there's a Shavemac group-buy. You'll be emptying out your bank account before you know it!

I've worked my way through about 12 different blades and got a couple more to go but just ordered 200 feather platinum coated blades as they seem to be working the best in both my EJ de89 and Merkur 37c and I got a good deal via ebay.

As for ending up with so many blades, this will last me a while, but as with car wax, there might be that blade that's the tiniest bit better just lurking around the corner. So you just have to buy more and try it out!

View attachment 25027
There 100 Rubies hiding under the Nacets. About 1500 plus the odds and sods.

You my good sir are an inspiration.

Nice collection of Wizamet SI's you have there, heard good things about them.

I've been using a DE razor for about 6-9 months and I have 200 Vosks/Nacets, 100 Astras/Perma Sharps and 150 others.

I only have the one brush though. Which is what I tell myself to make myself feel like I don't have a problem...

Back
Top Bottom