Most over rated razor...

Funnily enough I found the 6C far nicer to use than the 6S. Weight-wise they're not dissimilar but the 6C was considerably smoother in use (personal preference, of course). I personally found the 6S the most overrated razor when I tried it, though that was quite early in my wet shaving exploits, so my views would probably be different if I tried it again now...

If a razor doesnt work for me yet has received universal praise then in my opinion it is overrated. If I use a Weishi and find it rubbish it cannot be called overrated because nobody rated it in the first place.

My point is we must have a distinction between "didn't work for us" and "overrated" as they are not interchangeable despite being based on the same basic fact, us as individuals not liking a certain product.

Last edited:
Overrated is a bit harsh in the world of razors, as they are very subjective.
The one razor I couldn't get on with was the PAA Alpha Ecliptic Bakelite, sold it straight away.
The razor I was most disappointed with was the Mongoose, fortunately it was a loaner.

Performance wise: Gillette TTOs, Rocca, ATT S1/S2. Timeless provided an unique experience, but just wasn't for me.
Construction wise: ATT - for that price there are better options

Wolfman's alright (Guerrilla too, if you like 'em milder), Rockwell 6S is the best performer out there imo.

Well, more than overrated I'd say overpriced, as the performances are a very personal experience.
In that field I'd put the Gillette Fatboy. It shaves good, even great, but with half of the price you can have a slim in mint conditions :D
Fatip instead is well priced, but very overrated, IMHO. It looks cool, if you are lucky it's a good de, but build quality as at least missing. half of them have an asymmetric balde mount, some have different comb angle. Is it worth 14 Euro (in italy)? perhaps yes, but all the enthusiastic comments about it being aggressive can be seen as "damn, it's harsh, it cuts, but it's damn harsh"

6s is superb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ive been contemplating far too long now.

Im going to order soon....i just have to. Lol
@Aaron1983
pPQa2FV.jpg

Back
Top Bottom