This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mushroom Ketchup

Discussion in 'Food and Drink Talk' started by Bogeyman, Saturday April 14, 2018.

1. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

2. SeanC

SeanC

It's very runny. Think Worcester Sauce rather than Heinz Tomato. Primary use is as a seasoning; a task it's very good at.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Bogeyman likes this.
  3. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Thanks, SeanC.

On another note, I have read of your fondness for our American A1 Steak Sauce so I was wondering if you had tried Heinz 57 sauce?

SeanC likes this.
  4. SeanC

SeanC

5. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Next barbecue try this:

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/oca...d_Sauces/Stubbs_Original_BBQ_Sauce_355ml.html

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/stubbs-bbq-sauce_n_2582807.html

SeanC likes this.
  6. SeanC

SeanC

7. Sabre

Sabre

If A1 Steak Sauce tastes like HP or any generic brown sauce, why would you put it on steak? Bacon, sausages, cottage pie, I understand, but steak? There are very few sauces that truly go with steak - Bearnaise, Beurre Bercy, Cafe de Paris, Chimichurri...

8. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Actually, a great steak needs no sauce and usually steak sauce is more commonly used in the USA for a poorer cut of steak, e.g., flank, flat iron, etc.. However, many like steak sauce on a burger:

Sabre likes this.
  9. Sabre

Sabre

A fork of Rib Eye steak with saute mushroom and Bearnaise sauce is delicious :) ...