My next Custom Straight Razor

Thanks for posting this.Never seen it.Once you can master shaving with a big blade you could shave with anything.It takes patience & skill but no more than a regular 5/8 imo.

I Have Noticed there isn't Many Reviews on them..In Fact..Only a Handful..I Also Went Onto His EBay Site & Most of the SRs he has Sold are Not these Custom Blades but Standard SRs with Custom Scales which are Way Overpriced I May Add.:)

Billy
Yeah you are right because I did the same.I understand what you are saying but I'm happy to go ahead regardless.He has good feedback in general & I've never heard anything negative about his work.You do take a chance when you have a Custom razor made but up to now I've done ok out of it.Without a doubt my last razor is the best but I'm very happy with both.

Yeah you are right because I did the same.I understand what you are saying but I'm happy to go ahead regardless.He has good feedback in general & I've never heard anything negative about his work.You do take a chance when you have a Custom razor made but up to now I've done ok out of it.Without a doubt my last razor is the best but I'm very happy with both.
You won't get better than mine!! Cheers for you great words jack,but in all seriousness Morgan miller aka "silverloaf" is a great bladesmith, I have seen nothing but good words about his work especially on the USA site, have you seen his instagram page he has some great in progress pics on there, he was a big inspiration for me to get started.
Cheers Ed.

Your work is pure high class Art Ed & I love this razor.Thankyou again for making it for me & I will most likely be wanting another at some point ;) Yeah I've seen his instagram page.The razors are very stunning indeed.I've been after the mammoth razor for some time now so I'm glad Its happening.;)

Wow! have you some Ivy to chop off your walls? ;)
I'll stick to an 11/16th's round point. Are these made from ready made blanks or does he forge his own steel?
He would cut the design out of a billet of steel & then shape/grind the hollows just as I do, it's incredibly time consuming as the steel will be 8mm+ and extremely hard.
The big players such as dovo etc will use ready made blanks, it's one of the reasons why custom razors aren't cheap but it means that you can make a razor to any design or shape.

I appreciate the work that goes into one and I like to look at them from an aesthetic point of view but each to their own. Unfortunately they do nothing for me. Just too big looking. But good shaving to anyone that wants to own something different.
Apart from wedges & framebacks I feel like that about regular straight razors.They don't do anything for me but I like the look of some of them.
These big blades are not difficult to use but a lot of patience is required.They are very pleasing to the eye & I like the weight.A total pleasure to own.We are all different & individual & my custom razors are very unique to myself.;)

Last edited:
He would cut the design out of a billet of steel & then shape/grind the hollows just as I do, it's incredibly time consuming as the steel will be 8mm+ and extremely hard.
The big players such as dovo etc will use ready made blanks, it's one of the reasons why custom razors aren't cheap but it means that you can make a razor to any design or shape.[/QUOTE
The big players such as dovo etc will use ready made blanks, it's one of the reasons why custom razors aren't cheap but it means that you can make a razor to any design or shape.
Thanks for answering the question Ed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom