Myrsol "flavours"

Hi chaps. I have this old letter from our Sir_eider where he describes the Myrsol range of aftershaves. Keep going back to it whenever I have a bug to contemplate a new purchase, and thought others may benefit from this as well. Letter below.

"I have tried almost all Myrsol range, hehehe

In a few words:

- if you like Aqua Velva or Floid Blue scent-like splashes, go to Myrsol Blue
- if you like "regular" Floid splash scent-like go to Myrsol Plastic Shave
- if you like refreshing astringent lemon, go to Myrsol Agua de Limón (it's mentholated)
- if you like refreshing mint, (more like mint sweets in fact) go to Myrsol Fórmula K (mentholated as well, it cools a lot!)
- if you like medicated herbal splashes, go to Myrsol Agua Balsámica (it has rosemary and thymus herbs). It helps when you have a bad shave...
- if you like "old fashioned" scents and need a all-in-one splash (for pre and post shave) go to Myrsol Antesol
- if you like "old fashioned" scents and prefer one of the best Pre-shaves I have tested, try Myrsol Emulsión. You can use like a post-shave balm as well but is too thick and dense for my taste. For that reason, if you buy this balm it would be better if you buy the plastic bottle, more easier to dose.
- if you need a calming splash with alum stone added, try Myrsol Metilsol (the scent is a bit strange thought)

If you ask me what are my favourites: for summer Agua de Limón, Blue and Fórmula K. For winter Antesol and Agua Balsámica. For all time - like a Pre shave Myrsol Emulsión.

Most of them have a really simple formulation, but well refined through the years, so it's incredible that they feel so well in the skin, much better than others with a more "sophisticate" formulas (chemist ingredients in fact).

And I think that's all. You can buy most of them in Giftsandcare.com shop, although there are more online shops around I think.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!"

I personally have Agua de Limon, and it's brilliant - my go to AS, in fact. Hoping others that have tried Myrsol would share their thoughts here as well.

Attaching our Dr. Dulcamara's shot as a promo ;)

Imagen%2520557.jpg

Thanks for that, that's really useful. I've been mulling over getting a bottle or two of Myrsol for a while. This should help narrow down my choices, although TBH they all sound good!

I quite fancy the blue. Aren't the packaging, style and glass bottles just fantastic? There was an interview feature with their creator posted over on The Shave Nook - very interesting stuff. Thanks, H.

Yeah, Lemon one is great, more mentholated than Proraso too! Been considering Agua Balsamica, but then again I've got Lucky Tiger for those rare occasions when I slash myself.. Blue definitely sounds interesting. Hell, all of them do!!

Very timely :) been looking at Myrsol reviews over the last few days and trying to narrow down the ones I'd like to try as I've never had the pleasure. I love the look of the bottles and the labels too.

barlines said:
One plus I suppose is there is little point in me trying the hair products with the amount I've got

I have the same predicament! :blank:

Can you give me a rough idea of the scent of the blue, please, I haven't tried either of the comparisons that Helveticum gave, but I am intrigued enough to try them.

Thanks Scott.

jimbofett said:
pity you cant buy a sample pack ( c'mon mr myrsol sort it out ;) )

That's not a question to Myrsol manufacturing, rather to their disti. Definitely a good idea though! Hope Juan is reading this.. :icon_razz:

Hi!

I'm very happy to see that the information I provided to helveticum some time ago is helpful!

And yes, it would be a good idea if Myrsol makes some samples range.

If you have any doubts, just ask!

Cheers!

Gairdner said:
I quite fancy the blue. Aren't the packaging, style and glass bottles just fantastic? There was an interview feature with their creator posted over on The Shave Nook - very interesting stuff. Thanks, H.

Now is also here http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-19449.html
In some days the interview, but for now, please you can take a look to introduction Mr Miquel Ricou Sole

And another pic from last year

Imagen%2520033.jpg

And my thoughts about Myrsol range of Aftershaves.
If you like peppermint, then go to Formula K. For summer. Probably is the strongest menthol of them, also with Agua de Limon.
If you like violet, then go to Formula C. Is delicious. I like it a lot, a lot.
If you like herbal scents, then go to Agua Balsamica (rosemary, lavander and thyme). Mediterranean countryside!!!
If you like old barbershop scents, then go to Antesol and Emulsion. Antesol is delicious. Emulsion is the brand flagship product. Both can be used as pre and post shave products.
If you like Floid, then go to F/EXTRA, a bit softer, but more classy. Excellent.
If you like Floid Blue or Aqua Velva, then go to Blue. It is better, more classy also.
If you lilke lemon, then go to Agua de Limon, but you must like lemon scent, certainly.
Plastic is strange, in my oppinion. I do not have a clear oppinion yet.
The only I lack is Metilsol. (And Electric Shave, obviously)

Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom