This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New badger: Shaving stick + face lather, advise required

Discussion in 'Shaving Brushes' started by contextbinder, Tuesday December 5, 2017 at 11:26.

1. Hello,

herewith I would like to ask for some advise - I am looking to buy a new shaving brush, requirements:
    • Soap = Tabac Shaving stick, pretty hard
    • Face lather exclusively
    • Price: looking to stay around 100 €
    Advise regarding:
    • knot size: not to small, think somewhere arouund 22-24mm would do the job
    • Hair: best badger?
    All suggestions are welcome

Thx

Fergiebilly and Blademonkey like this.
  2. You will get many many suggestions but for what it's worth I would go for the Semouge Owners Club Badger with Ash wood or Cherry wood handle, well within your budget and fantastic brushes imo YMMV! :) P.

Fergiebilly, Missoni and Benz3ne like this.
  3. Rufus

Rufus

To me, the Simpson Colonel X2L best badger meets all your criteria. Another maker you should consider is shavemac. You can customize (handle style, size and colour; knot diameter, loft and shape; badger hair type/grade) your brush with them. Their finest badger is more than a match for Simpson best in terms of price, quality and performance.

Last edited: Tuesday December 5, 2017 at 11:54
    Fergiebilly likes this.
  4. You could also give a try to one of those new aliexpress brushes from Yaqi; they make what seems to be a good brush in blue resin with a 24 mm fan shape finest badger knot. It is way cheaper but it could be worth a try.

Fergiebilly likes this.
  5. Blackmass

Blackmass

Maseto 24mm extra dense Finest. End of. ;):p

Benz3ne, Fergiebilly and Blademonkey like this.
  6. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Buy a Tuxedo style synthetic for 10 € and spend the rest on soaps, after shave and/or loose women.

7. Nisse

Nisse

Buy a 24 mm finest twoband knot set in a handle you fancy.

Fergiebilly likes this.
  8. For the price you could get a few Masetos.. 2 band finests. I have two..they are great value. If Nick (The owner/Seller) would set the lofts a bit lower they would be outstanding. That's just my preference, however. And I am just splitting hairs :D PUN INTENDED.:D

wayne mattison and Blademonkey like this.
  9. He needs to get some new handles out though sharpish. I need some more Maseto brushes

Shaverrific666 and Benz3ne like this.
  10. Yeah..you're right there Wayne. I would be interested...

wayne mattison likes this.

11. Simpson Colonel X2L best badger for me.