New Boar Brush help

Hello Gents, I am currently using an old and worn Wilkinson sword brush and the Omega/Proraso 83. I also have a Frank Shaving silvertip, but I have realised I do prefer Boar. Long short story, the Wilkinson's bristles are crappy (though still able to lather up), while the omega loft are broken in and phenomenal. However, I find my self to prefer the Wilkinson for the dimension, while the Omega is a bit big when the loft opens it up on my face. I was looking for a brush which combines the best (for me) of both: small (as close as the Wilkie, don't mind few mm bigger) with bristles comparable (if quality of the Omega

Why not go for an Omega 10065?
I would always go for Omega as I love the quality of the bristles which, when the brush break in, becomes very soft but holds a nice back-bone. But usually, unless I am mistaken on this one, they tend to have a bit too long loft. Instead, the Nom that abc suggested maintain more the proportion of the Wilkinson brush.

Not a fan of the badger wannabe look of the 1305, much prefer the 1250 natural boar look but loft seems rather high on this one so might be floppy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom