New One from Hermes

globalm

Administrator
Staff Member
Supporter
Hi all

I notice Hermes have just brought out 'Eau de Citron Noir'.

Has anyone had a chance to smell this yet? I've copied the scent pyramid below and I wonder can anyone take a guess what this would smell like? I'm familiar with neither 'Buddhas Hand' nor 'Cabreuva Wood' but I'm guessing that this might be a bit of flowery lemons over mahogany.

Any ideas? I think this is probably a certain blind buy for me if i can find it in the wild.

1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes

I gave up on Eau d'orange verte Edc quite some time ago, unfortunately it lasts only two hours at best on me. Concentré d'eau d'orange verte is OK, but not as lemony-greenish as Eau d'orange verte and more flowery.

My mum wears Jardin en Méditerranée (it is unisex) and she has to spray it quite often throughout the day.

Have you tried Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche, it lasts the whole day (on me) and has a fresh lemony (orange) scent. I wear in spring and summer (even in winter actually).

Have you tried Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche, it lasts the whole day (on me) and has a fresh lemony (orange) scent. I wear in spring and summer (even in winter actually).
I haven't tried this one although I love all the Eaux of Hermes that I have tried.

But..... I've been and gone and done it. A bottle of Citron Noir is currently on its way from La Belle France.

I shall report back.

My Eau de Citron Noir arrived today. It is different from my expectations but, fortunately, in a good way. It is not a lightweight, fresh lemon item - the 'noir' is well to the fore. An initial, and inevitable, lemon blast lasts about 5 minutes and is followed by a warm, spicy lemon which manages to smell musky even though there is no musk in there! I think it is the influence of the Cabreuava wood which is, as I had guessed, more mahogany than cedar or pine. Longevity seems good so far. It's still noticeable at four hours and, although the lemon has faded out to a hint, the dark, woody scent will carry this along for a while yet I think.

If Terre d'Hermes is a soprano this is a baritone!

Pleased with my un-sniffed buy!

My Eau de Citron Noir arrived today. It is different from my expectations but, fortunately, in a good way. It is not a lightweight, fresh lemon item - the 'noir' is well to the fore. An initial, and inevitable, lemon blast lasts about 5 minutes and is followed by a warm, spicy lemon which manages to smell musky even though there is no musk in there! I think it is the influence of the Cabreuava wood which is, as I had guessed, more mahogany than cedar or pine. Longevity seems good so far. It's still noticeable at four hours and, although the lemon has faded out to a hint, the dark, woody scent will carry this along for a while yet I think.

If Terre d'Hermes is a soprano this is a baritone!

Pleased with my un-sniffed buy!
Always nice when a blind buy pays off! Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum has been my best blind buy thus far. Very nice stuff.

Back
Top Bottom