New or Tech

I think you need to have both..I have phases where I use both, to the exclusion of all other razors in my "collection"...My heavy ball end Tech is favourite at the moment, a lovely mild shave and quick..though still efficient..Ideal for the fast shave.

As Bogey said, the New can be a bit aggressive around the mouth, top lip area and particularly just under the nose, but then it is a very efficient razor, though nowhere near as aggressive as the R41..When you get the "angle" right its as smooth as silk..A razor to enjoy, not to be rushed.

For me the New and the Tech work at their best with Gillette platinums. Glen at Gemstone Trading has a stock of these blades and he's a good guy to deal with.

I think you need to have both..I have phases where I use both, to the exclusion of all other razors in my "collection"...My heavy ball end Tech is favourite at the moment, a lovely mild shave and quick..though still efficient..Ideal for the fast shave.

As Bogey said, the New can be a bit aggressive around the mouth, top lip area and particularly just under the nose, but then it is a very efficient razor, though nowhere near as aggressive as the R41..When you get the "angle" right its as smooth as silk..A razor to enjoy, not to be rushed.

For me the New and the Tech work at their best with Gillette platinums. Glen at Gemstone Trading has a stock of these blades and he's a good guy to deal with.

Great advice, got to get one at some point.

Back
Top Bottom