New Seygusrazor Spain 2015 batch

Wow! and Wow! again! What a superb little razor!

I had read that this production model is more aggressive than the Beta version - but clearly it needed to be! The blade exposure had me worried - but quite unnecessarily. The razor shaves like a dream and gave me a BBS without really trying first time out. The shaving geometry is spot on, another can't cut yourself if you tried affair - Hone 15 users will understand this. Because of the blade exposure, I started wit a low handle angle but quickly realised the versatility of this razor and used high and low angles. I think I settled on about 45deg as the most useful, most areas but used higher and lower angles as my face requires.

Light weight, good balance, easy to zip around. Talking of which, I was in a hurry so whizzed round but still got a lovely, smooth, BBS - first time out

I can't speak highly enough of this razor! I'm thoroughly impressed by it.

I had thought the handle was 85mm plus the shiny piece but it's not - it's 85mm overall, which will suit the majority here.

Last edited:
Im selling my Spain 2015 head on ebay at the mo (not the prototype - Im keeping that one as I get on well with it) with a generic steel (black) handle if anyone wants to catch one for a lot less than the cost of a new one.

Im selling my Spain 2015 head on ebay at the mo (not the prototype - Im keeping that one as I get on well with it) with a generic steel (black) handle if anyone wants to catch one for a lot less than the cost of a new one.
Oops - should have known that before I ordered mine ...
How much is "a lot less than the cost of a new one" - or isn't it allowed to ask that here ?

This morning I used the Seygus head on a 100mm titanium handle and, for me, it improved the handleability of the razor no end.

This razor is so easy to use you can shave at the speed of a cartridge/injector if you wish - and still get a BBS from a DE. They are magic razors! Brilliant design!

Mine arrived this afternoon as well ...
CZxGSaY.jpg

kkh8wfc.jpg

Can hardly wait until tomorrow's first ride ... :)

The first use of this, in standard configuration with weight, using a Gillette Rubie, is a great pleasure.
There's plenty of noisy feedback on the first pass, and it manages to combine a feeling of aggression with a smooth shave. Another pass and touch-up, and it has shaved as clean as a whistle.
It's what I was hoping for from the Shavecraft Tech head, but without the skin-stripping characteristics of that razor. As with any good razor, the angle seems intuitive, and, although,as a general rule, I'm inclined to a bit more handle weight, it works well for me as designed.
A cracking little razor, and one I personally would recommend. I'll be using it for the rest of the blade, so the Natural Angle will just have to wait a bit.
PS Just pondering what to put on now, and, in honour of its Spanish origin, it'll have to be something Myrsol.

Used my SSSeygus for the very first time this morning.
Standard configuration:

zhXOryH.jpg

Loaded it with a Rainbow Super Stainless (7) blade, used my custom brush with Vie-Long knot, La Toya shaving cream,
Floid Black after shave - ole !

What a wonderful shave - DFS++ (don't believe in BBS - baby bottoms are beyond compare to old man's cheeks :D) -
impossible to hurt oneself with it.

After only one shave I can tell this is a very mild but extremely effective razor ... :cool:

Will use it with the original handle only tomorrow - I'm afraid it will be too short to my taste ... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom