New user

Hello,

New user here from St Helens area. I have only really just begun wet shaving. Previously I used electric and cheap disposable razors.

Picked up the starter kit from Edwin Jagger and joined up to The Personal Barber. So far things are going well.

Identified about six or so blades that seem to work for me. Perma-Sharp's and Personnas cause me so much irritation. I have sensitive skin and prone to ache, surprisingly Feathers seem to be one of the best for me so far along with Astra's, Sharks and Gillette Silver Blues.

I only have one Aftershave at the moment RazoRazo Santa Maria Del Fiore. I absolutely love it, though going through it quickly. The thing just lasts all day, I can stick it on during my morning shave and it still smells faintly in the evening.

If anyone can suggest something similar to try, that would be great.

Hoping to eventually buy an old restored Gillette at some point. Shopping round at the moment, most places seem to be US based though [emoji20].

Anyway I have been lurking on here for a little while and figured I best get involved asking questions and things.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Welcome to TSR. Restored Gillettes are expensive so look for one in good condition. As you say, there many from the USA but postage and import tax are heavy.

This is something for in the future, it is more of a nice to have a nostalgia thing really. Gillette are the only things I have been looking at as they are the only brand I am familiar with.

I like the look of the restoration work performed by Delta Echo, but like you say the import tax is a killer on imports.

Hi,
A welcome to TSR from the Highlands of Scotland.

I lived on the Isle of Man for 13 years until 1997. Never watched a TT race but the atmosphere in Douglas was brilliant. I remember checking out the Triumph bike stand when they made their comeback.

Andy.

Hi,
A welcome to TSR from the Highlands of Scotland.

I lived on the Isle of Man for 13 years until 1997. Never watched a TT race but the atmosphere in Douglas was brilliant. I remember checking out the Triumph bike stand when they made their comeback.

Andy.
I have only been over a few times, twice for the TT race week. It's something everyone needs to see in person, TV does not do it justice.

I'm looking to go for the Manx next time, not next year but the following. Not too interested in the classic event. A bit of a farse really detracting from the MGP.

Douglas was mega at night, live bands in nearly every pub. Okells beer! I have only found one place here that sells it, the Lady of the Mann in Liverpool.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom