Newbie popping in to say hello.

Hi guys,

Just thought I would give you a quick intro.
I am new to this whole world of DE shaving and am totally taken back with the advice and support available on this forum.
For years I have been using throw away razors and have become totally disillusioned with them aside from the fact that I need a second mortgage to pay for them.
At fifty years of age I know I am a late comer but you have to start somewhere I suppose.
I am yet to buy any products but from reading reviews I believe my first purchase is going to be the a Merkur 34c HD razor. I am yet to decide on a brush or any other products but will read and read some more. Any suggestions will be more than appreciated.
Hope I will be able to contribute in some.

Take care
Wayne

Hi guys,

Just thought I would give you a quick intro.
I am new to this whole world of DE shaving and am totally taken back with the advice and support available on this forum.
For years I have been using throw away razors and have become totally disillusioned with them aside from the fact that I need a second mortgage to pay for them.
At fifty years of age I know I am a late comer but you have to start somewhere I suppose.
I am yet to buy any products but from reading reviews I believe my first purchase is going to be the a Merkur 34c HD razor. I am yet to decide on a brush or any other products but will read and read some more. Any suggestions will be more than appreciated.
Hope I will be able to contribute in some.

Take care
Wayne
Hello and welcome Wayne to TSR.
A Merkur 34c is a good razor as any to start with, you will find plenty of advice on here regarding the rest of the kit you will need. :)

What ho,Wayne and welcome.
I too, am a newcomer on here and my first razor was the Merkur 34c.
I get on well with it, although initially I thought that the handle was a bit short.
This apparently helps with manoeuverability so I'll keep persevering with it.
Good luck, take your time and enjoy the experience.
Regards from The Toff.

What ho,Wayne and welcome.
I too, am a newcomer on here and my first razor was the Merkur 34c.
I get on well with it, although initially I thought that the handle was a bit short.
This apparently helps with manoeuverability so I'll keep persevering with it.
Good luck, take your time and enjoy the experience.
Regards from The Toff.

Thank you Toff.
I did notice how chubby the handle was with this razor but I will give it a whirl.

Thank you for the warm welcome Blademonkey.
I am finding it difficult to decide on the shaving brush. I can see where this hobby is going. :)
Half a dozen shaving brushes later! :)
I, personally, don't think you can go wrong using a Kent badger brush.
My advice is to go for the best you can afford, I use a BK4 silvertip.
Also get a good lathering bowl/mug with ridges inside to aid aeration in the lather.

I, personally, don't think you can go wrong using a Kent badger brush.
My advice is to go for the best you can afford, I use a BK4 silvertip.
Also get a good lathering bowl/mug with ridges inside to aid aeration in the lather.

Thank you so much for your advice. It is more than appreciated. I will look into the Kent. A decent lathering bowl never entered my head to be honest but it makes so much sense. Cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom