This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newly Acquired Dubi Duck Solingen 6/8th

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Fergiebilly, Sunday June 10, 2018.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just Honed My Newly Acquired Dubi Duck Solingen 6/8th..Honed on a Naniwa Super Stone Progression & Finished on My Escher Thuri 16 K +..Took a Wicked Edge this Razor..Wasn't NOS this Razor But its Mint with Little Use..It had the Original Hone Job from the Factory I Reckon & Typically Wasn't Properly Bevel Set at the Heel Area..:)

A Beautiful Razor..My Next Shave..:D:D

Billy

jimmyc, Bazz, Boru62 and 4 others like this.
  2. Nisse

Nisse

Nice! The middle pin seen on this and other straights is it functional or mainly for looks? Is there a metal tube on the inside or maybe some softer material?

Last edited: Sunday June 10, 2018
    Fergiebilly likes this.
  3. The Middle Pin is Functional Yeah..Its Just Adds a Bit of Strength to the Scales..More Solid Feeling in the Hand..Stabilizes the Scales So to Speak..There is a Plastic Spacer or Shim Inside to House the Pin & Strengthen the Scales..:)

Billy

Nisse likes this.
  4. [​IMG]

Blademonkey likes this.
  5. Nisse

Nisse

A pin like that would maybe have saved one or two collapsed sets of scales I have had on vintage razors.

Fergiebilly likes this.
  6. Rohleder

Rohleder

7. [​IMG]

8. Rohleder

Rohleder

giphy.gif

...These GIF's are getting out of hand :D

Fergiebilly likes this.