Nickel free SE razors !

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here are my three SE Razors that have been stripped of all their nickel for me by @Benz3ne , thanks mate, we have my Ever-Ready 1914, Ever-Ready 1924 and my Treet SE with bakelite handle. All of the plating on these razors had seen better days so I approched Ben who said he would give it a go and they have turned out very well indeed. They have been through many chemical baths and finnished off with a polishing. I am very pleased with the results and I now have unique razors that have been improved apon from the razors I sent off with plate loss and not looking very good at all. :) well done Ben.

Thanks for the kind words guys! The more I can disassemble a razor the better as the tougher to reach parts didn't get the same polishing attention unfortunately.
Safe to say it was also quite time intensive but manageable. Nickel doesn't particularly want to strip from brass with any ease, unfortunately, so the chemicals used don't have a great level of efficacy - that is, less nickel is removed per unit volume of stripping solution vs nickel plated on other metals.
I can look into this if people want but I can't promise perfect results or a quick turnover. :)

Edit: I would like to look into electrolytic nickel removal but wouldn't want to ruin any precious razors of course. :)

Thanks for the kind words guys! The more I can disassemble a razor the better as the tougher to reach parts didn't get the same polishing attention unfortunately.
Safe to say it was also quite time intensive but manageable. Nickel doesn't particularly want to strip from brass with any ease, unfortunately, so the chemicals used don't have a great level of efficacy - that is, less nickel is removed per unit volume of stripping solution vs nickel plated on other metals.
I can look into this if people want but I can't promise perfect results or a quick turnover. :)

Edit: I would like to look into electrolytic nickel removal but wouldn't want to ruin any precious razors of course. :)
I have a very tatty slim that might look nice in brass, but I suppose the adjustable mechanism and silo doors would make it very troublesome.

I have a very tatty slim that might look nice in brass, but I suppose the adjustable mechanism and silo doors would make it very troublesome.
It might be quite alright actually, especially if I bought some small bristle pipe cleaners. Hmm... creative juices flowing! :D polishing might be the only issue but if you'd be happy with just the outer faces polished that'd be fine. The only other thing I'd be concerned about is nickel inner pieces or nickel plated inner pieces... hmm!

It might be quite alright actually, especially if I bought some small bristle pipe cleaners. Hmm... creative juices flowing! :D polishing might be the only issue but if you'd be happy with just the outer faces polished that'd be fine. The only other thing I'd be concerned about is nickel inner pieces or nickel plated inner pieces... hmm!
I've got one in good nick, so I'm willing to take a gamble if you are?

Back
Top Bottom