This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebook advice and recommendations...

Discussion in 'Stationery Corner' started by Blackmass, Thursday July 28, 2016.

1. Blackmass

Blackmass

I’ve just started DE shaving (literally two shaves so far) and looking for a note book. I’d like to keep track of what I’m using, razor blades, soaps etc. I’m not sure of the layout or size but I’m thinking of either grading numerically or writing a couple of words on the performance of each shave or item. Hopefully you get the idea of what I’m after.

I’m looking for recommendations available in the UK please?

Cheers
    Rob

2. I know this is an old thread, but I couldn't help recommending Moleskine notebooks. They sell special editions or plain covers and are available in lined, plain and graph paper. If you're looking for something a little cheaper, Field Notes sell great books and I carry one with me at all times.

Benz3ne and Blackmass like this.
  3. Blackmass

Blackmass

Cheers Matt, much appreciated.:) I'll check them out.

4. Benz3ne

Benz3ne

I'm sure you can get them at Tesco. :) I'm 97% certain I've seen them there. Also, the black & red notebooks they sell tend to be relatively good for the money - I found them for £2.50 on offer a little while back and stocked up on them. :)

Edit: Also well received are Rhodia notepads - they're usually in squared paper and I'd imagine they'd be good for writing up tables and suchlike, as well as being a good quality paper.

Blackmass and isendono like this.
  5. moleskins are abit pricey and if you're using fountainpen you might experience some feathering.

Rhodia notepads are very nice. I use rhodia dot pad A5 for my notes.

Blackmass likes this.
  6. Moleskines are a little pricey, but can be had on sale from time to time. I'm a big fan of the Rhodia books. They can sometimes be found on eBay for decent prices.

7. DamianJ

DamianJ

I use the red and black. Good quality paper that's fine with a fountain pen.

Blackmass likes this.
  8. Reevers

Reevers

I use fountain pens daily and find red and black notebooks can suffer feathering and bleed-through.

Oxford A5 Campus Notebooks have been my workhorse notebooks for the past 3 years. Gloriously smooth 90gsm, that really bring out the ink's shading qualities. I realise not everyone needs these qualities, but at £2.80 on the high street you can't go wrong.

https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/...urs-a5-wide-ruled-notebook-140-pages/36077144