This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMEGA Premium Boars (pure bristle)

Discussion in 'Connaught Shaving' started by Paul, Tuesday November 28, 2017.

Would you like to purchase an OMEGA Premium brush?

Poll closed Tuesday at 19:46.
  1. Yes I would like to purchase any Premium model.

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Yes I would like a No. 34

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Yes I would like a No. 35

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Yes I would like a No. 37

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes I would like a No. 42

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Yes I would like a No. 43

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Yes I would like a No. 45

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. No I am happy with the current OMEGA models.

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Paul

Paul

Would you like to see these on sale again? Price range would be £23-£28 each.

https://postimg.org/gallery/34gwuq3ty/
    No.42 - No.43 - No.45 - No.34 - No.35 - No.37
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Current specs:
    No.42
    Handle: 74 mm x 39 mm x 39 mm
    Knot (at base): 26 mm / Loft: 59 mm
    No.43 & 45
    Knot (at base): 25 mm / Loft: 59 mm
    No.34. 35 & 37
    Knot (at base): 24 mm / Loft: 55 mm

Chronic likes this.
  2. Sid James

Sid James

3. jar

jar

I find the 24mm knot near ideal but prefer the plain boar to the badger effect bore and the Zenith boar knot over the Omega boar knot so I probably would not be a buyer. Of the handles the #34 handle would be the most interesting.

Rohleder likes this.
  4. Missoni

Missoni

...ideal for me would be their plain bristles - 25mm knot with a 50mm loft; solid resin handle; pro 49 handle shape...

Rohleder and Blademonkey like this.
  5. Gairdner

Gairdner

Not for me, Paul. I'm a big fan of Omega's 27mm knot like the one in my favourite Omega brush #20102.

6. YMMV

YMMV

I voted no. My preferred small Omega is the 10065 when it comes to boars (and the S10065 when it comes to synthetics). My preferred big Omega boar is the Proraso brush. I would love an Omega with the handle of the 98 and the knot of the Proraso though.

7. I have to echo what @Missoni has said to the very word. P.

Missoni and Rohleder like this.
  8. donnie_arko

donnie_arko

Hello Paul,

It'd be good to see you stock the higher end Omega Boar brushes even if I'd be unlikely to purchase one but I hope others including those outside the forum would buy some.

If you are to stock some more Omega boar brushes I'd like to see you stock some with knots smaller than the 24mm or larger. FWIW, the smaller Omega boars seem to be bit underrepresented by retailers but maybe that's reflecting consumer demand?

9. Paul

Paul

We used to stock a wider range however all the smaller brushes like the 10290 were not popular.

donnie_arko likes this.
  10. Nice, i would carefully say that the classic Zenith is a touch nicer than Omega Pro but these higher end Omega look a lot like a certain Portuguese brand.

Now if asked should you stock some Yaqi synth ...

YMMV likes this.
  11. SmurfK

SmurfK

Not really. It's a personal view, of course, but Omegas are known for their great quality, but also affordable brushes. And, for more brush enthusiasts, the "premium" boars are Semogues.
    I think that Omega "special" ones, like 21762 might be nice. I'm not sure, but I remember that you guys used to have those some time ago.

12. Hi!

Not really... I owned a nº34 model and although I was very pleased with the handle (heavy and very well made) not so much with the hair... I found it lack of density and a bit foam hunger, so a finally sold it.

I will have interested again only in the case that you decide to produce these special brushes with improved hair: maybe an HD/more density version of Omega bleached hair or even why not pack then with Zenith bleached one, which IMHO is a winner... in fact the best boar hair for my tastes.

Regards

13. I only have one dyed boar and only because it was given to me (1305) all the rest are as they should be imo :) P.

Missoni likes this.
  14. culcreuch

culcreuch

I am afraid that I do not like dyed boars!

Blademonkey likes this.
  15. Paul

Paul

All points noted. If I do offer a premium boar in the future it will be a natural hair brush.