One More Favorite Brush Thread

I know there are lots of these threads, but people's dens change with time. Brushes are added and sold, handles are restored, and people's preferences change. Of all the aspects of wet shaving, brushes are my favorite. I love everything about them, from ratty looking old Semogues to LE Chubby 3's in 2 band. I am fascinated by SOTD pictures, and seeing what people have in their dens.

So can we share our favorites again? I would love to see what you consider favorites, and hear why. If you have one you use every day, or a rotation of a hundred, let's see them. In order to make it a little bit of a challenge for those with big collections, let's hold it to five. I don't even have that big of a herd, but I had trouble choosing five because there is something specific that I really like about each brush I own. I didn't list these in any particular order, but here are the top five I chose for tonight:

e016773c531757c133f50d0a06b1aeb1.jpeg

This brush was made for me by FlashyFinWrks on Etsy. It is a favorite simply for its funkiness.

7cc24f50acaa81bdf380f2afe555870c.jpeg

My favorite badgers tend to be 2 bands, but my Thater 3 band silvertip is the softest brush I own.

b7a6d2dc1c18f36d218069ee3f30d1c7.jpeg

The Tuxedo knot is an awesome new option for synthetic users, and the 400 handle that @Jayaruh made for me really compliments it.

9439de824183f1f1d7e0a359d5a7563c.jpeg

When I chose these colors for Doug Korn to use in building this brush for me, I never expected it to turn out so stunning. With the Envy White knot topping it, this brush is guaranteed a top spot.

0e149fc866ff163eb065336f7423b801.jpg

This brush makes the list because I think it is probably the best knot I own. The way it is built it is a perfect combination of soft and scrub, but more importantly it has excellent density and flow through at the same time.

Who's next?

I know there are lots of these threads, but people's dens change with time. Brushes are added and sold, handles are restored, and people's preferences change. Of all the aspects of wet shaving, brushes are my favorite. I love everything about them, from ratty looking old Semogues to LE Chubby 3's in 2 band. I am fascinated by SOTD pictures, and seeing what people have in their dens.

So can we share our favorites again? I would love to see what you consider favorites, and hear why. If you have one you use every day, or a rotation of a hundred, let's see them. In order to make it a little bit of a challenge for those with big collections, let's hold it to five. I don't even have that big of a herd, but I had trouble choosing five because there is something specific that I really like about each brush I own. I didn't list these in any particular order, but here are the top five I chose for tonight:

e016773c531757c133f50d0a06b1aeb1.jpeg

This brush was made for me by FlashyFinWrks on Etsy. It is a favorite simply for its funkiness.

7cc24f50acaa81bdf380f2afe555870c.jpeg

My favorite badgers tend to be 2 bands, but my Thater 3 band silvertip is the softest brush I own.

b7a6d2dc1c18f36d218069ee3f30d1c7.jpeg

The Tuxedo knot is an awesome new option for synthetic users, and the 400 handle that @Jayaruh made for me really compliments it.

9439de824183f1f1d7e0a359d5a7563c.jpeg

When I chose these colors for Doug Korn to use in building this brush for me, I never expected it to turn out so stunning. With the Envy White knot topping it, this brush is guaranteed a top spot.

0e149fc866ff163eb065336f7423b801.jpg

This brush makes the list because I think it is probably the best knot I own. The way it is built it is a perfect combination of soft and scrub, but more importantly it has excellent density and flow through at the same time.

Who's next?

That's a stunning collection you have there. I only own 2 brushes an EJ best badger, which I used for 4 years. I have now upgraded to Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic which I am getting used to. You have to use a different technique to the best from a synthetic. Im getting there.

Back
Top Bottom