Opening of Blades

I have been working my way through the sample pack I got with my razor, so far I've done:
- Gillette, green packet, not nice
- PermaSharp, quite nice
- Feather, brilliant

While the blade is good or bad, they are all consistently tricky to open. The wax paper isn't too bad, but they seem to be stuck down with super glue or something! Meanwhile I've just fitted a Shark blade, and the packeet opened so much easier than the all of the others.

Now, am I just incapable, or is this something anyone else has gets annoyed about?

Now, am I just incapable, or is this something anyone else has gets annoyed about?
It is tricky but designed to protect the blade edges from damage in transit and storage. I accept it as part of the ritual of loading a new blade. It only takes a few seconds to extricate the blade from the wax wrapping and glue spots, a small inconvenience for ensuring undamaged cutting edges. Astra seem to use a lot of glue.

I use Personna med preps, they have no glue spots and the cutting edges don't seem to suffer. If they can do without I'm sure others can too.

For me it's not so much getting them out of the wrapping, it's cleaning the residue out of my razor.

Last edited:
I use Personna med preps, they have no glue spots and the cutting edge don't seem to suffer. If they can do without I'm sure others can too.

For me it's not so much getting them out of the wrapping, it's cleaning the residue out of my razor.
Just a little tip regarding getting the glue residue from your razor...I use a little aftershave on a cloth or Q tip which cleans it off a treat, or any alcohol product would do the same. :)

I have been working my way through the sample pack I got with my razor, so far I've done:
- Gillette, green packet, not nice
- PermaSharp, quite nice
- Feather, brilliant

While the blade is good or bad, they are all consistently tricky to open. The wax paper isn't too bad, but they seem to be stuck down with super glue or something! Meanwhile I've just fitted a Shark blade, and the packeet opened so much easier than the all of the others.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Just one of those pesky old first world problems that we all have to suffer....

Back
Top Bottom