Osma shaving soap

Reports on other forums say this one is very hard to lather.
Only if your definition of 'very hard' includes 'impossible' :D

I've got one good thing to say about it - you get more of it than promised:
OsmaSoap.jpg

Just had a shave with the Osma this evening.
If you load sufficent soap it lathers up without any issues. As it is a hard soap, I use to soak it in warm water for 10 min., that makes loading easy. The lather is smooth and gives good protection. The scent makes it a typical soap for the winter season, even more if you use it with a scuttle to get warm lather. IMO.

Regards

Just had a shave with the Osma this evening.
If you load sufficent soap it lathers up without any issues. As it is a hard soap, I use to soak it in warm water for 10 min., that makes loading easy. The lather is smooth and gives good protection. The scent makes it a typical soap for the winter season, even more if you use it with a scuttle to get warm lather. IMO.

Regards
OK. Challenge accepted.
I don't think I have used my Osma soap in two years or so and I like to believe I have learned a thing or two since.
I'll give the stuff another go and report back.

Worst stuff i have ever used. Binned it after two awful shaves!
Bad irritation on my and upper lip. Cant stand the stuff ! Good luck to all who are going to buy it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The results are in.
I let the Osma soap bloom with warm water for a good while and loaded my trusty MÜHLE 25mm synthetic brush with a good amount of the soap. So far so good - no problems.
I then bowl lathered, slowly adding more and more water until the whole stuff in the bowl collapsed in a watery mess. That's OK. That's how I check out new soaps. It tells me how much water the soap needs and how much water it can take.
At some point during the process I expect to see nice lather. Not this time. There was lather in the bowl, but nothing to write home to the forum about.
I discarded the lather and repeated the procedure, this time face lathering. I did manage to produce lather. That's an improvement over my past experience with Osma soap. It was however that dreadful thin and collapsing lather. I have no intention of shaving with crap like that, so I rinsed it off, got the Tabac Original out and had a nice shave with that.
Maybe the soap needs soft water or something... a luxury I don't have...
I don't even care for the scent it has. Hardly any, but nothing special.

Time to say goodbye and PIF it. If anyone is interested... add your name to ↪this thread.

Thanks for sharing results. This helps increases savings. Btw, why don't crush a good piece of Musgo Real? It doubled its price recently. Maybe they did the same with its quality.

Enviado desde mi SM-T700 mediante Tapatalk

Andreas pointed me here as I've acquired his puck courtesy of a PIF to see if I can breathe life into it with my softer than soft, West Country water.

And, as I said in my PIF related acknowledgement (now archived), I can get an eminently pleasing pile of lather from it. No added glycerine, no added cream, just a decent soak on top of the puck and a good stir with a nice brush.

P1000754 (Small).JPG P1000755 (Small).JPG P1000756 (Small).JPG

Used it again today for the third time. Couple of teaspoonfuls of water on top of puck before shower and it was fine. Lathers up a treat. Won't bother posting a load of pointless pics but it's fine. I like it very much indeed. Even the smell isn't dreadful. It has a good home where it will be loved and cossetted :)

Yet more thanks, USD Andreas

Yeah, clearly I'm talking bollocks. It's obviously a load of shite. After all, what would I know?

Oh, by the way, I see this your first post. Great introduction. We're clearly gonna get on .

Good on you mate....hope you enjoy your bubbly foam. You're the man [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to prove that not all gifts, Pifs and other assorted acts of kindness get forgotten after a few weeks, and despite the fact that I, apparently, only manage to produce bubbly foam with it, I would just like to say I continue to use it regularly and it works a treat and I remain grateful for being the very happy recipient of the Andreas's generous PIF.

Back
Top Bottom