This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Palmolive soap sticks problem

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by Colin Stenburge, Friday May 18, 2018 at 07:45.

1. Hi all,
    I’m experimenting Palmolive soap sticks. I’ve seen a few people on YouTube say how fantastic they are for the price.
    I love the smell, it reminds me of how men’s shaving smelt in the 1970s.

My problem is no mater how I make the lather I can’t get enough moisture in it. I find it dries slightly on my face or clogs the razor and is difficult to rinse clear.

Any ideas other than binning it?

Blademonkey likes this.
  2. More water is needed, you will know when you have it right, just keep practising .....it's cheap enough! :) P.

3. Don't give up on the humble Palmolive stick, once you've got the right consitantcy you'll be rewarded with a excellent lather, it's my favourite inexpensive shave stick...It is a thirsty stick. Regards.:)

4. donnie_arko

donnie_arko

I presume you rub the stick on your face and then build the lather? You could try to load the brush by rubbing it against the stick and building a lather in a bowl or palm lathering it as that would allow you to see/feel the lather before it's on your face. Some people (like myself) cut the sticks into slices then mould into a bowl and brush load it which works very well.

5. jimmyc

jimmyc

The humble Palmolive stick performs way above its price point. I love it.
    <-- Just experiment. if its drying on your face that is a sure sign of a dry lather.
    when i first started using MWF i had a problem of it drying on my face. a couple of days with more water and i had it sussed.
    You cant go wrong with a Palmolive stick. :) ( or maybe at first) :D

6. Dansco

Dansco

I hate sticks. Chop it up and smush it into a bowl. Much easier

Colin Stenburge likes this.
  7. dulac66

dulac66

I love them

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

8. Me too. They’re quick and convenient and always give good results.

9. Michlaustn

Michlaustn

Indeed, fantastic for traveling with too.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk