Paper notebooks

Many of us takes notes, keeps a calendar, draw and doodle - but have we all moved to digital versions of what was once kept in paper notebooks and planners?

As much as it might feel a bit hipsteresque to pull up a Moleskine or Field Notes at your local cafe java hangout to jot down the name of the jazz musician whose record is spinning on the Audio-Technica over in the corner - there is also something familiar, soothing and plain useful having a paper notebook with you.

Anyone here carrying a paper notebook with them - and if so...what do you use it for?

FNC25_Ambition_H_18401.jpg

leather-field-notes-cover-bourbon-leather-field-notes-cover-with-pockets-1_1024x1024.jpg

proxy

I've always used Alwych All-Weather notebooks, as I find that keeping notes is frequently invaluable for reference, even many years later. Except for occasionally using a pencil, I write with fountain pens.
Sometimes I can even read my own writing.

Attachments

• PPXT0865.JPG
    PPXT0865.JPG
    492.3 KB · Views: 37
  • PPXT0866.JPG
    PPXT0866.JPG
    418.1 KB · Views: 35
  • PPXT0867.JPG
    PPXT0867.JPG
    691.7 KB · Views: 35
Yup, Leuchtturm A5 grid paper which I use as a planner mostly. I like the grid because I can divide the pages up in any size I need. Mostly it's four sections per page to show a week with an extra section for notes.

I use a tiny notepad that literally came out of a Christmas cracker :rolleyes:

My handwriting is illegible, even to myself, so it's just used for the odd note of stuff that I always forget and can't be bothered to google every time. The most well-thumbed page is a list of AWGs and corresponding diameters. Don't ask.

I always carry a notebook, but its generally a cheapo one as I am a bit of a tightwad :) I have to write everything down if I want to remember it, appointments, shopping lists, click and collect numbers etc. Sadly I often lose the notebooks which is why I buy cheap ones.

I always carry a notebook, but its generally a cheapo one as I am a bit of a tightwad :) I have to write everything down if I want to remember it, appointments, shopping lists, click and collect numbers etc. Sadly I often lose the notebooks which is why I buy cheap ones.

I just ordered four BanditApple notebooks from Korea for $12 incl shipping. Will be interested to see if they live up to all the hype :)

Do you have a link? I can't find them in stock anywhere.

Link and all info is in this post from a couple of days ago.
The guy is also really good at answering emails (taking time diff into consideration).

When you place your order note that there are, I think, three sizes and four models and that this order is only for first time customers to get to try out the books... Darn...I should had ordered more... :)

Link:
http://theshavingroom.co.uk/communi...ntain-pen-newbie-questions.36622/#post-520500

And here is a video review of their books;

Back
Top Bottom