Parker Variant-should I keep it?

Hi guys.

I am new here and generally new to the world of traditional shaving. I recently bought a Parker Variant and noticed that the blade is perfectly aligned when it come to the head, but to the base, due to the fact that I think it's not isometric (one side looks slightly longer .,1mm approx.) there seems to be a very slight difference in the gap between the blade and the base. Please see the attached photo. Is that a problem you think, since 100% precision is difficult and something that happens often in razors or should I return it?

Thanks very much. I appreciate your help.
db64fd29d8a1cc15e1d7a0a939d3705d.jpg
a93d6b2d206d82e311fba8409013d56f.jpg
55e901adbf2842d4bdc1d54932fff87e.jpg
276a0d34c9099845b6c3d0e36b6dcdad.jpg
a5f753f5fc3e05026230ab39a81e2f26.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thats pretty usual for an adjustable.
I have had 3 Merkur Progress yet, and none of it had a symmetrical blade gap.
Its ok if one side is milder than the other, so you have micro granularity in the settings. ;-)

If you get along well with it keep it. It is doubtful whether you will find a better makenof the same razor.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thats pretty usual for an adjustable.
I have had 3 Merkur Progress yet, and none of it had a symmetrical blade gap.
Its ok if one side is milder than the other, so you have micro granularity in the settings. ;-)

If you get along well with it keep it. It is doubtful whether you will find a better makenof the same razor.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

That's a £50 razor, it's faulty, send it back. I have a 64 Gillette slim adjustable that is perfect with regard to the gap. This is brand new. We need to stop accepting substandard goods.
Sorry for the rant. Have had to send a couple of items back lately. the point still stands though. :):)

Back
Top Bottom